Defamation of charactor

Status
Not open for further replies.

limurr7

I've been wrongfully accused. I've been assitant manager for an assited living facility for the elderly. As of last week I quit my job due to being accused of things I've would never done. My boss came in like a mad person and starting bringing in all employees one at a time and asking them about someone stealing groceries from the facility. I could not believe her actions. The employees stated she was accusing me of all these problems with the groceries. And she also stated that I was trying to ruin the company and she told employees this. And also I've been told that now all residents know of this. They always trusted me. And also she has stated these things without proof any wrong doing. I'm constantly getting phone calls from other people that she has stated these things. Only thing I'm guilty of is wearing my heart on my sleave! Now I'm worried about my reputation that I've built for 9 years. Also Another employee quit because of these false allegations. Do I have a case of slandering a good name or defamation of charactor. And also she is spreading these false allegations to our other facility. I've been disstressed about this for weeks. Please need advise on my legal recourse of a good name.

You are free to see an employment law attorney if you feel you have been slandered.

However since you quit, it is going to be harder to prove. It would not hurt to see a lawyer to see if you have any case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back