Defamation of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

yasuno

I am a teacher at a high school.
I went to Japan about 8 years ago and that time my teaching license was suspended for non-paymet of fees and then reinstated.

In conversation, I mentioned that my licence had been suspended. A teacher immendiately commented in front of other teachers " What? You were caught sexually molesting children"
Then the person commented " Isnt that why most elementary teachers have their license suspended"

I could not believe my ears. So the next day I confronted the person on the comment and she appologized, however she went to discuus this matter with others. I went to the principal to make sure that the comment would NOT dissiminate. He said that an appology will suffice.
However, the comment took on a life of its own and over the next three months it continued to spread to others. I eventually became upset and angry with the thought that my name is being talked about with the worst crime in the world. This awful situation festered and now I am being transferred out of the school.

I am an excellent teacher who gets along well with my colleagues; however this comment was allowed to spread and poisoned my working environment and completely ruined my reputation now and forever. My fear is that that sort of comment made about a teacher never goes away and will hang over them like a cloud of suspicion.

Your advice and input on how and what to sue for would be appreciated. I need to know my name is completely exonerated and my reputation and jobbed restored if at all possible.

You need to speak with an attorney. It's possible that you do have a claim to bring for defamation, which would be a civil suit. You need expert advice from a local attorney who is familiar with your State's relevant case law. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back