defamation of character

Status
Not open for further replies.

javygp

I was recently fired from a retail outlit for insurb. to superior....this what happen....i got transfer to another store because of my school schedule (which is Fri, Sat, Sun).....ive been having problems with
them working with my school schedule after they said that they would work with me <straight from the DM and district leader>.....so my former store
forced a regular rotation schedule on me which i refused to work......i never agreed on it and the District Manager said i had the until the end of summer to work my weekend schedule.....

Well when I went to my new store, my new store manager didnt even know about my schedule.....she was told i was just an employee working graveyards at a 24 hour store.....well she had to make a call to the district leader to find out what was going on......it s than that the district leader told her lies about my work performance and my accountablility......she called me back worried if i had these sort of problems and can i perform solid work at her store, frustrated with them i went to my former store to confront the store manager on why he said these things about me......well his reply is "I dont have to tell you nothing" <with two witnesses>....which i reached my point of frustration and said some parting words to him.....well in general called him a "punk a** b***".......i reached my breaking point, i was so frustrated with everything i had to take from them i said 2 cuss words.......next two days i got fired.....I understand that I did wrong saying those things but to fire me doesnt make sense.....suspension makes more sense than termination....i never been written up and have gotten nothing but good work reviews....

now my question is "Defamation of Character" happened no doubt about it......but i reacted to it when i heard about it.....now to be honest with u I just want my job back....im pursuring a pharmacy career and
this company was going to be my stepping stone...however this company made it hard for me to focus with them riding me bout my school schedule.....I dont know what to do....i never been fired from a job before....i appreciate
your response....thanks

well in general called him a "punk a** b***"....... While you may think a suspension was all that was warranted, I assure you that saying that to your supervisor or a member of management anywhere you might work will get you fired.

Your former supervisor did not defame you when sharing his concerns about your job performance with your new supervisor. Among other reasons, members of management where you are employed are "parties in interest" in your employment and thus have a high degree of protection against such claims. The bottom line is that they are free to talk among themselves and share their opinions about you, even if you don't agree with them. Nor did you suffer any damages as a result of anything the supervisor said. Unfortunately, the only one who caused you any damages was you when you decided to curse out your former supervisor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back