Deed

Sonnenschein

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I´m Claudia from Germany. My grandmother died in 2007 in Germany. She used to live in USA in the 1980´s. Her family passed her some real estates. Now when my mother got divorced and moved she found an old document. It´s a deed of a land in philadelphia from the 1960´s. Now my question is if it is still valid? What shall we do now?

I´m Claudia from Germany. My grandmother died in 2007 in Germany. She used to live in USA in the 1980´s. Her family passed her some real estates. Now when my mother got divorced and moved she found an old document. It´s a deed of a land in philadelphia from the 1960´s. Now my question is if it is still valid? What shall we do now?

Hello, Ms. Claudia:

I suggest you contact the taxing authority in the state, county, township, and/or city where the property sits. The land may have been seized and auctioned off to satisfy any unpaid taxes on the property. PA is a very tax heavy state, and the land might already be lost to you. It's been 50 odd years, maybe.

If the land hasn't been sold, you'll then have to determine how much someone owes the taxing authority.

You could then try to sell the land, pay off any taxes, maybe pocket some early Christmas loot???

Back