Student Loans Debt Collector vs My Privacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicago798

Am I obligated to give debt collector my address instead of using email for correspondence.
The debt collection company has a horrible reputation for harassment and numerous law suits for
Violation of Fair Debt Collection Act.
Thank you.

Am I obligated to give debt collector my address instead of using email for correspondence.
The debt collection company has a horrible reputation for harassment and numerous law suits for
Violation of Fair Debt Collection Act.
Thank you.

If you're smart, you don't engage a debt collector in any way, shape, or form.
You are under NO obligation or under any legal duty to answer anyone's questions.
You don't have to provide a debt collector with your name, address, verify a debt, or even answer your phone.
Never answer a debt collector's letters, their phone calls (block their numbers, or change yours), or allow them on your property.
You can only be harassed if you allow your curiosity to get the best of you.
You know what they want, and you don't have it, otherwise you'd pay them.
So, don't engage them in anyway!

Thank you for answering. This is a student loan. I do want to set up a payment plan. I want to pay without them harassing my landlord or neighbors, which they have a reputation for doing, even if you are paying. That could potentially jeopardize me. It's GRC, owned by Sallie Mae, not much help available when they don't adhere to Fair Debt Collection Act.

Also, they called a distant family member and said "they were trying to help me"....shouldn't that be a violation? Luckily the family member didn't give them information.

Student loans sharks, they're trying to collect the GUBMINT's money.
All bets are off, those sharks are unleashed with the ability to do most anything to recover whatever Uncle Sammy thinks you must repay.
If you can pay them off, do so ASAP.
As far as your personal details, if they don't have them, they'll have them soon enough.
If you fail to satisfy the sharks, they'll eat you alive (translation: they'll eat you out of house and home).
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back