Debt collector refusing to send written documentation of agreement

Emily N

Jurisdiction
Washington
I have a past due amount owed to my previous apartment complex. I've paid down part of the amount owed and just recently set up a payment plan this morning under the agreement that as long as this payment plan is kept the debt will not go on my credit report. I was however told she could not send me that agreement in writing. Do I have a right to demand the agreement in writing, so it doesn't backfire on me once the debt is paid off and it goes on my credit report?

I have a past due amount owed to my previous apartment complex. I've paid down part of the amount owed and just recently set up a payment plan this morning under the agreement that as long as this payment plan is kept the debt will not go on my credit report. I was however told she could not send me that agreement in writing. Do I have a right to demand the agreement in writing, so it doesn't backfire on me once the debt is paid off?

I have a past due amount owed to my previous apartment complex. I've paid down part of the amount owed and just recently set up a payment plan this morning under the agreement that as long as this payment plan is kept the debt will not go on my credit report. I was however told she could not send me that agreement in writing. Do I have a right to demand the agreement in writing, so it doesn't backfire on me once the debt is paid off?

You can ask for anything, even to not report your delinquency to the credit bureaus.
The reason the collector won't put it in writing is because the agency has no intention of NOT reporting the delinquent account to the bureaus.
Its been reported, and all you can do is dispute it.
You could waste your time offering a written explanation, but creditors rarely read disputes by debtors.
The bureaus add them to the files of debtors, because that complies with the law.
The creditors usually ignore the disputed accounts, preferring to believe the lies spewed by creditors and debt collectors.
Go figure, huh?
So, pay as you wish, because it won't do anything to impact your FICO positively.
It will, however, keep the hordes of collector hounds away from your door.

You can ask for anything, even to not report your delinquency to the credit bureaus.
The reason the collector won't put it in writing is because the agency has no intention of NOT reporting the delinquent account to the bureaus.
Its been reported, and all you can do is dispute it.
You could waste your time offering a written explanation, but creditors rarely read disputes by debtors.
The bureaus add them to the files of debtors, because that complies with the law.
The creditors usually ignore the disputed accounts, preferring to believe the lies spewed by creditors and debt collectors.
Go figure, huh?
So, pay as you wish, because it won't do anything to impact your FICO positively.
It will, however, keep the hordes of collector hounds away from your door.

The account has not yet been reported to the credit bureaus, and will not be reported to the bureaus as long as this payment plan stays in place. The woman I spoke with said she can't send a letter stating everything she just said, but she would "not lie" to me.
What right do I have to demand that I get the agreement that it will not be sent to the bureaus as long as the payment plan stays in place?

The account has not yet been reported to the credit bureaus, and will not be reported to the bureaus as long as this payment plan stays in place. The woman I spoke with said she can't send a letter stating everything she just said, but she would "not lie" to me.
What right do I have to demand that I get the agreement that it will not be sent to the bureaus as long as the payment plan stays in place?

You have no RIGHTS in demanding another person do anything.
There is no way you can get the collector to do anything they don't wish to do.

You can only ask - they don't have to comply.

Back