Other Debt debt collector issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegPhl

I just got a new phone number. It's maybe 2 months old. Well I have been getting dozens of calls from the previous owners friends, family, and debt collectors. I find it odd she didn't even tell her friends and family she changed her number. But when they call I say "she changed her number some time ago. Sorry" everyone leaves me alone after that, but now I'm getting calls from the woman saying I am giving out her personal information, like the fact bill collectors are calling. She said she was going to "contact my legal team upon return to the country". I can't prove that I never sent or said anything, how would you prove that in the first place? Can she really bring suit against me for that? What do I do if she continues to call? I do not reply to her in anyway, she leaves voicemails. Thanks for any help.

Ignore her.
Use your phone to record 5 seconds of silence then set that silent file as the ringtone for her number. She will never bother you again.

I just got a new phone number. It's maybe 2 months old. Well I have been getting dozens of calls from the previous owners friends, family, and debt collectors. I find it odd she didn't even tell her friends and family she changed her number. But when they call I say "she changed her number some time ago. Sorry" everyone leaves me alone after that, but now I'm getting calls from the woman saying I am giving out her personal information, like the fact bill collectors are calling. She said she was going to "contact my legal team upon return to the country". I can't prove that I never sent or said anything, how would you prove that in the first place? Can she really bring suit against me for that? What do I do if she continues to call? I do not reply to her in anyway, she leaves voicemails. Thanks for any help.

Change your number or block her number.
Both work well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back