Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slongden

My son was killed in a car he was a passenger in. The driver was at fault and will be charged. The drivers insurance company wants to settle and says we need to set up an estate. Do I need to do this for a minor child that has no debt or assets? He was 17.

My son was killed in a car he was a passenger in. The driver was at fault and will be charged. The drivers insurance company wants to settle and says we need to set up an estate. Do I need to do this for a minor child that has no debt or assets? He was 17.

First of all, please accept my sincere condolences for your loss.

Having lost one of our sons in July, I know how difficult this must be for you.

I suggest you immediately contact a personal injury attorney.

Ask your friends, relatives, co-workers, and others that you TRUST for recommendations.

Under NO circumstances should you speak to ANY insurance company without an attorney representing you.

The attorney will work under a contingency arrangement.

Normally he or she will get 30-40% of the settlement for his or her services.

You will know all of that when you sign his or her retainer (contract) agreement.

But, people that have attorneys representing them with insurance companies receive four to five times the amount more than those without an attorney.

So, inform the insurance company that your attorney will be in touch with them soon to address this siutation.

There is no rush to settle today, when you can do considerably better with an attorney.

Why would an insurance company do this?

Well, they are NOT concerned with you or your needs.

They are only concerned with reducing their liability.

In other words, they have no heart, and will CHEAT you!

Get to work on obtaining an attorney, and get justice for your son's memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back