Dealership messed up finance paperwork

hedai281

Jurisdiction
Indiana
Hi all, I am currently dealing with a situation with Toyota. They completely messed up my financial papers with the dealership and now according to my financial records I have been paying on the wrong vehicle or at least the wrong vehicle is mentioned on my paperwork. To make a long story short I bought on the final bill of sale a 2009 Toyota Venza however a 2013 Honda CRV was put on the paperwork. Somehow someway I managed to get registration tags from the state of Indiana for the Venza even though the lien is for a different car. Currently working with the dealership right now to resolve this although I'm completely displeased have been cussed at a couple of times at this point and probably would like to walk away from the car once everything is settled and need to know am I due compensation for the money that I have spent on the car so far and can I actually walk away from the car at this point it's been 2 years.

Clarification; what I meant by two years is that it's been two years since I purchased the car and I just realized that this mistake happened a couple of days ago once I was reviewing the paperwork. Am I still entitled to compensation if I want to walk away from the car once all of this is settled.

Clarification; what I meant by two years is that it's been two years since I purchased the car and I just realized that this mistake happened a couple of days ago once I was reviewing the paperwork. Am I still entitled to compensation if I want to walk away from the car once all of this is settled.

Talk to the lender, see what you're advised to do.

You have a mess on your hands, that's for sure.

If they get it all corrected then there isn't anything to sue for. I don't get why you want to walk away from the car because of a paperwork error that can be fixed. Is there something wrong with the car and you're looking for an excuse to get rid of it? I would be walking away from the person who cussed at me though and reporting it to their boss.

If they get it all corrected then there isn't anything to sue for. I don't get why you want to walk away from the car because of a paperwork error that can be fixed. Is there something wrong with the car and you're looking for an excuse to get rid of it? I would be walking away from the person who cussed at me though and reporting it to their boss.
The person who cussed me was the boss he's the general manager of the dealership. I don't want to deal with them anymore they don't deserve my business.

There's that and also will I have to renegotiate for a new contract under new interest rates and things of that nature or are they going to honor it because if they don't I consider that a reason to sue but I leave all open course to admit that I might be wrong which is why I'm posting here for advice

You should not have to renegotiate anything. They should be able to do a substitution of collateral, which means your original contract stands as is with the correction of the vehicle. Remember they cannot force you to sign anything. If they try then you need to get an attorney to help you. The General Manager is probably not the owner.

To make a long story short I bought on the final bill of sale a 2009 Toyota Venza however a 2013 Honda CRV was put on the paperwork.

So, you signed paperwork without reading and understanding what you were signing. Otherwise you would have caught the errors on the spot.

Why is this anybody else's fault but yours?

Well most time dealerships catch this because the lien on the car isn't legal if it's for the rong vehicle they let you leave everyone loses.
So, you signed paperwork without reading and understanding what you were signing. Otherwise you would have caught the errors on the spot.

Why is this anybody else's fault but yours?

No, you won't be able to walk away from the agreement. You wouldn't have been able to walk away even if it was the next day.

I'm not even clear why this is a problem for you. So long as they eventually provide the correct title everything should be fine.

Well most time dealerships catch this because the lien on the car isn't legal if it's for the rong vehicle they let you leave everyone loses.

Right. Rely on the car dealer to protect you. LOL.

Sorry, bud, self preservation is nobody's business but your own. It's up to you to catch errors before you sign anything. Life lesson from the school of hard knocks.

Back