dealer will not deliver clean title

S

speak

Jurisdiction
Colorado
I purchased a used truck Oct 2, from Autonation in Denver, they knew or should have known there was a odometer issue with the vehicle which prevents them from giving me clean title. 90 days later I still have no title and last of 3 temp plates are about to expire. Filed complaint with Dept. of Revenue, Auto Division who has found them in violation of Colorado law requiring them to deliver title in 30 days, however this dept cannot do anything to help me. Dealer told me I would have to sign new bill of sale with fabricated odometer reading if I want a title, this is prohibited by federal law. Dealer has stopped returning my calls and emails, at a loss at to what I can do. I've invested over 30 hours of my time attempting to get resolution, any suggestions?

I purchased a used truck Oct 2, from Autonation in Denver, they knew or should have known there was a odometer issue with the vehicle which prevents them from giving me clean title. 90 days later I still have no title and last of 3 temp plates are about to expire. Filed complaint with Dept. of Revenue, Auto Division who has found them in violation of Colorado law requiring them to deliver title in 30 days, however this dept cannot do anything to help me. Dealer told me I would have to sign new bill of sale with fabricated odometer reading if I want a title, this is prohibited by federal law. Dealer has stopped returning my calls and emails, at a loss at to what I can do. I've invested over 30 hours of my time attempting to get resolution, any suggestions?

If you need results you can't deliver, it's time to consult a CO licensed attorney.

Good luck.

Back