dealer didn't tell me window tinting was illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

akelly

I just bought a 4 month old used car and it had tinted windows. During the sale the gentleman that was detailing the car sliced the tint while removing the sales sticker from the window. When we pointed it out that they damaged it the dealership did say they would pay to have that one window re-tinted. I got an appt with a local professional automobile window tinter. When i arrived he told me he thought it was an illegal tint shade, so he tested it and in fact it was an illegal tint shade for the state of WA. He asked if the dealer told me and i said "no". I don't know what options i have here. If i leave it and i get a traffic infraction i will have to pay a fine, but if i choose to change it to a legal tint that will cost me several hundred dollars. Neither of which i feel i should be responsible since i was never made away that the tinting was an illegal shade prior to my decision to purchase the vehicle. Is the dealer responsible in any way for not telling me. The vehicle was sold as is but i feel since this is a law they should have some responsibility in telling so i can use that information in my decision to buy the vehicle or "not" buy the vehicle and i was never given that option.

If sold "as it is".......You can't hold them responsible

I assume you get to cross examine the victim of this horrible crime.

These are the cases you can default a prosecutor on, especially an infraction, which isn't even real law.

Can you take a razor blade and scrape the tint off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back