DCR failed me stringing me along over 1 year.

Chris71

Jurisdiction
New Jersey
Close to 2 years ago I attended a music launch event with a famous rapper. The event was free with an additional fee for the VIP. I paid for the VIP for two people. The security guard stopped my friend and I from attending the VIP. I feel this was racism because other people of the opposite sex and another gender were allowed to go ahead of my friend and I and around me. I filed a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Civil Rights. I had my witness give their testimony for a decision that I was told would be made. I got the run around for close to two years with DCR investigators being switched. Recently the DCR closed my case with no decision. I was denied what I paid for with the VIP and the DRC failed me. I was told I can take this situation to a lawyer and court. Being low income I have tried to get a lawyer to take my case as Pro-Bono that advertised as Pro-Bono. I emailed one lawyer twice that fit my situation when this started @ Rutgers and received no reply. I left my information with a few law firms. Nobody gets back to me that could help me. North Jersey Legal Services only will assist me if the situation affects my immediate well being. February 2024 will be the deadline for my option to take this to court. Can this situation be disputed or appealed? What affordable options are left for someone low income and health problems in my situation who prefers not to stress with the court?

I paid for the VIP for two people. The security guard stopped my friend and I from attending the VIP.

What did the security guard say when you showed him your VIP pass and proof of payment?

What affordable options are left for someone low income and health problems in my situation who prefers not to stress with the court?

None.

If you prefer not to stress with the court then chalk it up to experience, get over it and stay over it.

I do not understand the situation and/ or the problem. As someone who has met several famous music artists I can tell you that unless they are gay then they tend to be more excited about the opposite sex and are not excited with getting a photo with another dude or having them around after the gig is over. You are not getting attorneys to call you back because you do not have a case. Most musicians are very stand offish since people tend to not talk with them but do weird things such as shooting photos with themselves in them with the famous person as a back drop.

I would let it go, unless you paid for the VIP tickets and did not get to participate then you might be due a refund.

The security guard stopped my friend and I from attending the VIP.

Did this security guard explain to you why he/she wouldn't let you in?

I feel this was racism because other people of the opposite sex and another gender were allowed to go ahead of my friend and I and around me.

How does the gender of a couple other people turn this incident into a racial issue?

I was denied what I paid for with the VIP

Did you request a refund? If so, what happened with that? If not, why not?

What affordable options are left for someone low income and health problems in my situation who prefers not to stress with the court?

Since the administrative claim process didn't resolve in a manner that was satisfactory to you, court is your option. I agree with the prior responses that this is something for small claims court.

Easy one, mate.

You forget it, let it go, live a longer, happier, healthier, calmer life.

Final thought:

In this life, I learned long ago, not every transgression is intentional, every hurt isn't harmful unless you incessantly kvetch and stress about it, let it GO, you'll live longer and contentedly.

Back