Dating a Minor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmariek21

In the state of Oregon is it okay for a 15 year old to DATE and 18 year old if their birthdays are exactly 2 years and 8 months apart?

It is only OK if the parents allow it. Although your ages won't allow for certain sex offenses, assuming that is what you are concerned about, you can still find yourself with a mess of other legal problems.
Depending on the circumstances and what the minor's parents allow, you could find yourself the subject of a restraining order and possibly facing charges such as contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
In short, you had better proceed with permission of the parents. Without that you are walking a tightrope for a relationship that has little chance of success.
To answer your question specifically, yes, it is OK to "date" so long as her parents permit it. If you want to do anything that you wouldn't do in front if her parents then you are begging for trouble.

In the state of Oregon is it okay for a 15 year old to DATE and 18 year old if their birthdays are exactly 2 years and 8 months apart?

No one on this website can give you permission or deny you permission to do anything.

In fact, if things get derailed, even the permission her/his parents give you, can cause you, her/him, and his/her parents BIG trouble.

Here's a website, but if you're 18, I'd leave anyone not 18 years or older, alone!
Why?
Many, many things can happen to adults that become involved with minors and children.
Yeah, yeah, yeah, you are in love. You are PLANNING to wait, but must be together now. She/He is just my friend.
I'd RUN, not just walk away, now.

http://age-of-consent.findthedata.org/l/38/Oregon

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Sure, you can date.

Make sure though that you do nothing with her that you wouldn't do with your grandma.

There are no laws that define or restrict "dating" its when sex or sexual contact happens (does not have to be physical) that the law applies (see statutory rape laws below). So much depends on what you feel is "dating" and what your parents feel. The parents of any minor may deny contact from anyone to their minor child. This effectively makes contact with minor illegal. In addition even if stat rape laws seem to not apply there are other charges that could apply equally as life altering and would require lifetime registration as sex offender

http://www.parentnook.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3929&p=10642#p10642

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back