Dad vs Mom vs Grandparents

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenique

:confused: My ex entered the Army reserves less than a month after we agreed on joint custody. That was in 2002. I have since remarried. I have been remarried for almost two years. He has been called up to active duty in Baghdad for atleast a year. He wants his parents to have our kids every other weekend. We have 3 together ages 9,7,and 6. I have since had a baby who is currently 4 months old. His parents did not try to talk to me about visitation for them while he is gone. They instead filed a motion through the court for every other weekend and additional holiday visitations. Every penny I spend on legal representation is a penny that could be spent on my four children. One of which was born blind. I empathize with how worried and scared they will be. I am not opposed to them having visitation with the children. I just feel that it should be visitation, not joint custody when it comes to grandparents. I feel the same way when it comes to my own parents. I feel they should be able to have one overnight visitation a month with all three kids, frequent phone calls, full inclusion on certian holidays, school functions, sports activities, and birthday parties. The last thing the kids need is a tug-of-war between me and them. I don't feel that I should have to split up time between mine/ theirs.
:confused:
What should I do? What's fair? What are my rights? What are their rights? What's best for the kids?
All help and oppinions appriciated.
Jenique

I forgot to say that I live in Kansas. My divorce was through Johnson Couty. Myself and the children live in Leavenworth county.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back