cyberstalking & doxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezerk

Banned
Both me and another person have been cyberstalked online for over a year. That other person's personal info was obtained by one of our stalkers by serving a fraudulent dmca copyright complaint to her domain host (of which we have in pdf format) With her information gleaned, our stalkers then created an almost 100 page forum thread at one of their websites designed to both slander, stalk, and terrorize us. In addition to that, another stalker created an entire website disclosing maps and pictures of her home address, pictures of us both, including pictures of public places we both frequent. We know the identity of each of our stalkers down to their IP addresses and have most everything documented. Including threats, doxing, slander, libel, and everything else. What would our options be to resolve this matter and put an end to the online harassment and stalking? Each of our stalkers are located in different states and we have contacted local authorities and FBI. Thank you.

That route has gotten me nowhere.

You're still safe, right?
Don't let those creeps steal your joy.
Ignore them, as you said, they're miles away, probably cackling like old hens.
Time to ignore them, don't let them control you.
You're no one's puppet.
You're a great person, so don't waste the good times fretting over trash and scum.

You're still safe, right?

Honestly, I don't know. These guys have doxed me to bars I go to, friends of mine (where friends of mine live) - two of the cyberstalkers are mentally disturbed (I would say so anyway) It's a very real possibility that either me or somebody they have learned the identity of in relation to me could be harmed or even killed for that matter. For these guys it's become an obsession literally.

And the cyberstalking is a daily occurrence (following me around the internet to other websites) and some of the comments are delusional and alarming (like wanting to see me in a pine box) - and there is no sign of it ceasing whatsoever. I signed up here for legal advice - as in I pretty well know it's illegal to use the dmca copyright act as a means to obtain somebodies personal info with the sole intent to cyberstalk them once obtained. Specifically, setting up an entire website dedicated to cyberstalking them along with daily cyberstalking & harassment. I'm not seeking emotional support, I'm seeking legal advice in relation to that. Thanks.

Honestly, I don't know. These guys have doxed me to bars I go to, friends of mine (where friends of mine live) - two of the cyberstalkers are mentally disturbed (I would say so anyway) It's a very real possibility that either me or somebody they have learned the identity of in relation to me could be harmed or even killed for that matter. For these guys it's become an obsession literally.

And the cyberstalking is a daily occurrence (following me around the internet to other websites) and some of the comments are delusional and alarming (like wanting to see me in a pine box) - and there is no sign of it ceasing whatsoever. I signed up here for legal advice - as in I pretty well know it's illegal to use the dmca copyright act as a means to obtain somebodies personal info with the sole intent to cyberstalk them once obtained. Specifically, setting up an entire website dedicated to cyberstalking them along with daily cyberstalking & harassment. I'm not seeking emotional support, I'm seeking legal advice in relation to that. Thanks.

We don't give LEGAL advice.
That would mean, we're breaking the law.
I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer.
We discuss legal issues, provide some legal definitions, and sometimes offer how one might approach a certain issue.

We can't help you, buddy.
You require the services of YOUR OWN LAWYER.
You say your life is at risk, PAY FOR AND HIRE AN ATTORNEY OF YOUR CHOOSING.
We can't do much other than be supportive.
Our hands our tied, and we won't break laws ourselves.
So, find a lawyer, contact law enforcement, or find yourself another solution.
There's absolutely nothing more we can offer you.
I wish you well.

I don't see how they can follow you around on the internet..... is your pc infected? a great site and free to scan your system is microtrend housecall

I don't see how they can follow you around on the internet..... is your pc infected? a great site and free to scan your system is microtrend housecall

I agree, but I'd also ask WHY?
Why would anyone allegedly STALK someone they don't know?
Harass, annoy, intimidate, scare, I get.
Stalk, I don't.
People tend to do things when they get something out of it, especially when it's as sophisticated a scheme as OP might have us believe.
Humans are quite predictable, and like other organisms, keep up behaviors only when a stimulus receives the desired response.
I also know that when an rag am s frightened it flees or fights, it rarely just stands there and begs the attacker to stop.
In cases like this, one would contact law enforcement each and every time they're harassed, or one would simply cease and desist the behavior.
Yes, you could try and remove malware and hackware on your device.
You could buy a new device, or get a new ISP.
There are many ways one can be victimized over the 'net, and there are many ways one can hide, assuming me wishes to hide.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back