cutodial parent not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

louobi

Hello,
I Must Appear In Court On Nov 5. My Daughters Mother Has Not Worked In 3 Years And Collects Disability. I Have Paid All College Expenses For A Child That Has Failed Her Classes. I Have Not Received Any Bills From Her College Or From My Daughter Or Her Mother. Our Payments Are Based On % Of Salaries. I Feel Her Disability Is Based On False Inflictions. Is There A Law Where She Must Prove To Be Unable To Work And If So How Do I Go About Getting Those Medical Records. My Daughter Is 20 Years Old . Lives With Her Mother. She Also Has A Job At A Hospital That Provides $1500.00 A Year For Tuition. These Are Just A Few Facts I Can Supply More Information As We Go Forward . Thank You For Your Advise
Lou@obi

Hi,
I'm not a lawyer or anything, just thought I would post what I know about Disability in Nebraska that may help. In order to receive Disability, the person must prove through Doctors that they are unable to work, and even then there is no garauntee that they will be approved for it. My mom had a friend who's son was a quadrapalegic, and could not work; Social Security denied him Disability and he is currently going through the appeals process. Social Security Disability, or even Supplemental Income through Social Security is not easy to get, if there is any hope at all of the person claiming disability working, they are denied. From what I know of Disability I can honestly say that if you aren't truly disabled, the fight to get it is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back