Custody of Minor after deceased Father signs unnotarized custody

Status
Not open for further replies.

lady

Sister gave birth to child and gave him to myself. After one year father signed temporary rights of his minor two children to myself after a cps case waiving her rights. I gave oldest child to mother but youngest I kept. Father now deceased and after ten years mother wants to take minor child from me. The minor child does not know her and does not want to live with her. We have no legal paperwork of custody with the courts. I have everything in my name SSI, SSA, & Medi-Cal.What are my rights? y

Sister gave birth to child and gave him to myself. After one year father signed temporary rights of his minor two children to myself after a cps case waiving her rights. I gave oldest child to mother but youngest I kept. Father now deceased and after ten years mother wants to take minor child from me. The minor child does not know her and does not want to live with her. We have no legal paperwork of custody with the courts. I have everything in my name SSI, SSA, & Medi-Cal.What are my rights? y

Children aren't puppies to be bred, bartered, and traded for government freebies among family members, in-laws, or strangers.

We have courts to vet and over see these custodial events.

You can speak to a lawyer for legal guidance.

You can contact social services and ask them what you should do.

You could return the children to their mother.

What are your rights?
In most states, it'll go something like this:
"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be provided for you. Do you understand the rights I have just read to you? With these rights in mind, do you wish to speak to me?"

If Mom wants her child back, she's likely going to get her child back.

Father's documentation is meaningless.

If you had gone to court to get custody, it would be very very different. As it is now, you have no rights. And if Mom turns up tomorrow, you'll have to hand over her child - because if you don't, you can (and likely will) end up facing felony kidnapping charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back