Custody Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

amedejes

I have a question concerning custody in the state of Florida-If an individual gives temporary/complete custody of their children to a family member is a notarized paper sufficient and legally binding. The paper is typed with certain parts such as the children's names also hand written by the parent. The children were living in deplorable conditions and I want to be sure that the children are protected should this parent (the other is absent and on the run from child support) try to take the children back and once again put them in harms way. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

I would not say that is legally binding, why don't you offically file for temporary custody? If the parent that gave you the kids legally has court custody, the father might be able to stake some claim so you should make it official through the courts. Unless the father has papers though showing he has custody, he will have a hard time getting the kids back. You should keep on hand, the original decree that shows the mom has custody in case the police ask for it.

Also, if the dad gets visitation, there is nothing really you can do if he wants it. Child support and visitation are 2 totally different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back