Current employer is preventing others from hiring me

Status
Not open for further replies.

naijarus

My jurisdiction is: Texas

Question: I have tried looking for an internal transfer within the company due to favoritisms, possible retaliations and continued harassment. I have, and others have tried looking for other positions within other companies only to be told they cannot hire anyone from my present employer. Is this valid? My current company is making it very difficult to continue working here and making it impossible to obtain employment outside with other similar companies while I and others continue to be subjected to an increasingly hostile environment.

Location: Texas - Can this employer continue to block my attemps to seek a better opportunities with another comany?

From what you are saying I don't think it's personal. I doubt that anyone is contacting other employers and saying, You can't hire naijarus. Rather, I suspect that your employers and several others locally have "gentlemen's agreements" that they will not hire each other's employees. Such agreements are legal.

Your best option is to look for work with an employer who does not have such an agreement with your current employer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back