Deportation, Re-entry Curious about friend's immigration/deportation issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

immigrat

My friend has lived in the USA for 15+ years illegally along with his parents and siblings. His siblings are all older than him and have since gotten married and thus received legal residence. His father has passed and he and his mother are the only illegal ones left.

Years ago, when he was about 20 years old, he felt the threat of deportation and he and his mother fled to Canada. He lived and worked there for a few years.

Last year, he illegally crossed the border from Canada back into the US as Canada was preparing to deport him however they could not locate his citizenship from the eastern European country in which he was born.

He has lived in the US again for a year. A few weeks ago, however, he was raided by the FBI/ICE and brought to prison, along with his mother, presumably for illegally crossing the border and for their illegal immigrant status.

Having spoke with his brother, he could face a 3-10 year ban from the USA because he crossed the border illegally. His brother told me if they don't get him on that charge, immigration will book them for their illegal immigration.

So they are essentially facing two charges (to my knowledge, the brother is a dummy and their court date has not come yet) -- illegal border crossing and illegal immigration. Do these two have any chance of being set free for any reason? They have no crimes. The friend was ~5 years old when he was brought here and him and his mother have no family where they would be deported.

Does the new Obama executive action help at all?

The authorities disagree with your "no crimes" assertion.
These days it is very hard to (if not impossible) to get ICE to take any action against border invaders.
All he (they) can do is plead "not guilty", request court appointed counsel (US taxpayer funded), and pursue "justice" in the US Federal Court System.

Regarding what Obama proposes, no one will know for sure until he speaks (in about an hour) tonight.
Even after he speaks, it'll take lawyers and the courts a few days to decipher what Obama has proffered.
One might expect Obama to have opposition to his assertions.
Frankly, I don't care what Obama says, and won't listen.
I'm sure the media will chatter endlessly about this for the next few weeks.
Thank goodness for the holidays, as people will be busy with more enjoyable and happier pursuits!

Last edited:
What we need is a President to rescind all of the Muslim Terrorists proclamations in 2 years and rebuild the Constitution to eliminate recognition of foreignors, including anchor babies as being under US control. They are under the control of their parents, who if neither is a US citizen precludes them from US citizenship and its benefits. Otherwise we sill are going to be providing SSI and medicaid to all these illegals covered by Presidents at the cost of Trillions of taxpayer dollars.

What we need is a President to rescind all of the Muslim Terrorists proclamations in 2 years and rebuild the Constitution to eliminate recognition of foreignors, including anchor babies as being under US control. They are under the control of their parents, who if neither is a US citizen precludes them from US citizenship and its benefits. Otherwise we sill are going to be providing SSI and medicaid to all these illegals covered by Presidents at the cost of Trillions of taxpayer dollars.

Unfortunately, I gave up all hope decades before this dope arrived with his "hope and change" nonsense.
I suspect if people can turn over in their graves, there's a whole lotta squirming going on in those tombs, crypts, and graves where many of our founders are contained.

About the only thing that they can do is talk to a lawyer & see what he/she might be able to do for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back