1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

    Dismiss Notice


Discussion in 'Probation, Parole, Incarceration' started by Johnnyboy352, Jul 25, 2016.

  1. Johnnyboy352

    Johnnyboy352 Law Topic Starter Guest

    I am on probation for 5 years (2 1/2 on good behavior). recently i needed to work in Melbourne for a month or so. my PO at the time said it was okay, i came back about 2 weeks later because i had to do the monthly report. i had my officer switched. this new officer is now telling me that i cant go back to Melbourne for work because i have a 10pm curfew. i thought that the curfew can be lifted for school or work. And now, i have another big job at lake nona. i have to paint the exterior of 7 houses in 3 months. this is a HUGE job for me and my father. i have my business license if that helps. im afraid that my PO wont let me go because of this curfew. is there any way around this so i can work and make money for the court fees THEY gave me?
  2. army judge

    army judge Super Moderator

    Likes Received:
    Trophy Points:

    If you obtain PROOF of the work IN WRITING you purport to have outside of your county, that coud help.

    Write a civil, intelligent letter addressed to your PO asking for "special consideration" to work outside of your county for the next seven months. Indicate exactly where you PLAN to live, with whom you'll be living, and how much money your work will take in for your company, along with your cut of the earnings.

    Tell your PO you'll report to the nearest PO to your worksite, volunteer to pay fir any extra costs required to accommodate your request, and emphasize you're asking for "special permission" to earn money to support your family, pay your fines, restitution, court costs, and taxes.

    Make an appointment to meet with your PO to discuss a personal matter.

    Take the letter, your proof, with you.
    Explain what you're asking for, hand the PO the documents you've prepared, and be dressed in suit and tie, or proper business attire when you meet with the PO.

    Remain calm, make sure the PO knows you're asking, your reasons are sound, and you're NOT demanding "special approval" to work and to be a good, tax paying, law abiding, family supporting citizen.

    Written contracts, signed work orders, letter from your business partner, etc... will help to serve as proof.

    Good luck, mate, please let us know how it all ends.

Share This Page