crooked insurance

R

rshuttle

Jurisdiction
Georgia
My fiancee filed a homeowners claim, she was asked to fill out a sworn proof of loss. She submitted it and they rejected it. Now they're asking for another one, I think they're doing this so she'll make a mistake and they can dismiss her claim. Should she submit another one and have it notarize with different numbers. That would be perjury right. So what should she do? We have been Displaced from our Home since August 3rd with no ALE, just a big run around from the insurance co. we've went as far as contacting the insurance commissioner and still NO HELP. Could you please us.
Thanks Russell

My fiancee filed a homeowners claim, she was asked to fill out a sworn proof of loss. She submitted it and they rejected it. Now they're asking for another one, I think they're doing this so she'll make a mistake and they can dismiss her claim. Should she submit another one and have it notarize with different numbers. That would be perjury right. So what should she do? We have been Displaced from our Home since August 3rd with no ALE, just a big run around from the insurance co. we've went as far as contacting the insurance commissioner and still NO HELP. Could you please us.
Thanks Russell

Filing a new claim should be very easy.
She retained a copy of the original claim, right?

Easy peasy, just use that claim as a template to file an exact replica of claim number one.
If, however, she forgot to include whatever thing she forgot, update claim number two accordingly.
No changes needed, senor, even easier; simply replicate the new claim by using the same information noted on the original claim.

I don't note any indication of fraud, and if you're smart, you should never mention that "F" word again, mate.

Russell, I am a 35 year veteran of the insurance industry and a retired claim rep who frequently helps people with insurance claims.

However, what annoys me about your post is that you are not the insured, it's not your policy, it's not your claim, and you have given no details about the claim or about any communications between your fiancée and her insurance company.

If your fiancée would like me to help her, I suggest that she come to this site with all her paperwork in front of her so she and I can have a detailed conversation about what's going on and I will be happy to help.

Back