Crooked Cops and Crazy Cabbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

letlibertylive

I was the victim of assault at the hands of a crazy cab driver who was paranoid I was not going to pay him a fare once he brought me to the place I hired him to. I called the police and when they came the cab driver falsely accused me of refusing to pay him a fare. The police ignored the crime the cab driver committed and told me to pay him a fare. So I said I would and took out money to pay him. They then arrested me and they also falsely accused me of refusing to pay a cab fare. I have sued the cab driver and cab company in a county court for assault and malicious prosecution. I am also looking into suing the police in federal court for a false arrest under Section 1983 violation of constitutional rights.

The main thing I am concerned about now is if they say I'm suing for the same thing twice by listing similar damages in different cases. Even though each defendant would only be sued once in one court, there might be a similarity in the counts and the damages I am seeking compensation for.

The assault in the cab is definitely unique to the cab driver.

The federal civil rights issue because of the false arrest and false imprisonment in a cell behind bars is unique to the police.

But the other damages caused to me from that malicious prosecution, false charge, false arrest are something that both the cab driver and police contributed to.

Since the different defendants each made their own actions and they are in different courts for a good reason, would it be ok to list the same damages in two different cases?

Your suit will go nowhere.

I suggest you let this go.

You acre, but no one else cares.

You're making a medical diagnosis, and you aren't a physician.

You can't prove anything, but I bet the cops can prove their charge.

Beyond that, you can forget that liberty stuff, and you'll find that no one, absolutely no one cares, but you!

Don't kick sleeping dogs, they are easily angered and they will bite!

If you had no injuries and no witnesses or evidence to support your claim you are best off to let this go.
A false arrest does not occur if the officer had probable cause. It does not much matter if the facts were wrong.

what?? sleeping dogs?? I was the one who was kicked, I'm not interested in kicking anyone. And nobody cares about liberty but me? why are you even on this website? Please leave my thread alone unless you have an honest interest in giving legal advice.

I didn't say I don't have injuries or evidence, I have plenty of both. A constitutional rights deprivation is an injury in and of itself. The police did not have probable cause either. It was crystal clear I was not trying to steal anything that I just wanted to get to my destination and pay for the cab ride. I just had that one simple question at the end of my first post that I needed advice on.

You can proceed as you suggested against both, just don't expect to succeed.
What are your damages? What evidence do you believe you have?
I suggest you speak with an attorney before you proceed. I strongly suspect you will defeat yourself if you do this alone.

I appreciate that Mighty Moose. Sorry, I know you are trying to help out but I can't give the courtesy of specifics about my damages or evidence on an online forum like this. I would just rather not do that. I was trying to just ask that one question at the end of my first post and I knew I had to add at at least some information about the situation to get any feedback and I already posted more information than I would like to on the internet.

That is fine. I still suggest you speak with an attorney for a consult to determine if you have something worth pursuing. With the info you give it seems you will just be wasting time and money on a result that will not satisfy you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back