Criminal Records, Expungement Criminal record ?

A

Anxii505

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was caught shoplifting at Kohls a few weeks ago and was taken to a room where they made me sign some papers. They Also sent a $200 fine in the mail a week later. They called the cops and I ended up getting a parking ticket from the cop since I had a clean record. I paid the parking ticket fine but my question is: if I get a background check will this show up in my criminal record ?

I was caught shoplifting at Kohls a few weeks ago and was taken to a room where they made me sign some papers. They Also sent a $200 fine in the mail a week later. They called the cops and I ended up getting a parking ticket from the cop since I had a clean record. I paid the parking ticket fine but my question is: if I get a background check will this show up in my criminal record ?

Generally, ANY ARREST, will show up on MOST background checks.

This is especially true if a government agency does the check.

YMMV

A parking ticket as a plea deal for a larceny? Hahaha that's a new one. Sounds like the cop wasn't too interested in working that day.

If you weren't arrested or charged criminally then there is no record. You don't sound so certain about what happened to you though.

I am a Retail Theft consultant and answer questions like yours daily. The "parking ticket" was an admission of guilt and since you did not read the terms of this agreement its possible you just plead guilty to theft and gave yourself a criminal record

Back