Criminal/Labor Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

amiekm

Hi, I wasn't sure where I should start - with the criminal or labor forum.
I'll be brief. I run a department and supervise many employees (a labor union in California). We have a member of our organization who has come into our local the last couple of weeks and verbally abused/threatened some of my staff. Because we are a member driven organization my bosses feel that we should file a charge against the member and go through the grievance process. While that may be fine for me, my staff members feel threatened and several of them have stayed home sick because of this member. Today, however, this same member got into a conflict with me (same type of abuse) and I filed a charge against him.
What I would like to know is if I can get a restraining order against this individual on our behalf or on mine? When I spoke to our president's representative he actually said (I kid you not) that the last time this individual threatened our staff (he has a history of this type of behavior) the LAPD sent out the Labor Division...? I didn't know there was a separate part of criminal law just for Labor Unions (other than the NLRB).
I would also like to know if it is considered a hostile work environment if my staff and I are subjected repeatedly to abusive, threatening members and our supervisors patently do nothing to protect us.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back