Criminal Child Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindaelectric

A family member had a child removed from her custody this week. The young man is 13 years old. The family has been working within the system, ie. Social Services, Law enforcement, diversion program for the last 5 years with social workers who don't want to drive to the home and a complete lack of assistance to the family. The young man ran away to mom's job, a dispatcher with the pd where she was just hired two weeks ago. He made some statements that were statements of abuse, they were required to contact the town marshall (small town) to avoid a conflict of interest as she worked for the pd. He contacted the juvenile advacate. The decision was made that he could stay with me. was placed with me overnight until a determination could be made. Mom was told she could pick him up on Tuesday and that they were going to use voice analysis to determine who was lying. On Thursday, they did so. She was tested, both mom and child are saying the same thing, which indicates inappropriate parenting skills, however I would disagree with the term abuse. I worked in Colorado as a specialized placement foster home with extreme cases of teen abuse, neglect and delinquency, I was also employed by the state of Colorado for five years as a juvenile detention officer. I currently volunteer in Missouri on a diversion board in another county. They told her she was a lier, the most abusive parent they had ever met, charges were going to be filed and she was going to jail. Does she have any rights at this time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back