Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant criminal accessory w/o being involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

swansontea

My girlfriend's brother is a drug dealer. He's been selling large quantities of marijuanna (1-2lbs) and other various drugs (mainly pills- not sure what substances). I'm determined to call in an anonymous tip, however I'm concerned for my girlfriends safety relative to her being charged. She knows of the activity, but only by rumor/ word of mouth and has never talked to him about etc. If the police arrest him and charge him, can she attain charges as well even though she had nothing to do with it, such as an accessory to crime, etc.

-He keeps the drugs in his car, out of the house.

-His parents found his drugs once and made him dispose of them, however he's doing it again and they have no idea of his activities. However in the event of them catching him, they would and have failed to act accordingly.

-I'm worried for her safety as he's been robbed at knife point for his drugs, and he's hanging around questionable people, getting in deeper.

-She and I can't move out as we're both college students (lots of debt) and have no resources to do so (we've checked our resources extensively).

-Her brother is 24 y/o

-Could she be negatively effected in anyway, even as far as having her future job prospects being destroyed from having a "tainted record".

~Thanks!

My girlfriend's brother is a drug dealer. He's been selling large quantities of marijuanna (1-2lbs) and other various drugs (mainly pills- not sure what substances). I'm determined to call in an anonymous tip, however I'm concerned for my girlfriends safety relative to her being charged. She knows of the activity, but only by rumor/ word of mouth and has never talked to him about etc. If the police arrest him and charge him, can she attain charges as well even though she had nothing to do with it, such as an accessory to crime, etc.

-He keeps the drugs in his car, out of the house.

-His parents found his drugs once and made him dispose of them, however he's doing it again and they have no idea of his activities. However in the event of them catching him, they would and have failed to act accordingly.

-I'm worried for her safety as he's been robbed at knife point for his drugs, and he's hanging around questionable people, getting in deeper.

-She and I can't move out as we're both college students (lots of debt) and have no resources to do so (we've checked our resources extensively).

-Her brother is 24 y/o

-Could she be negatively effected in anyway, even as far as having her future job prospects being destroyed from having a "tainted record".

~Thanks!

Both of you, any of us, are at risk if we hang around (or affiliate with) criminals.

I suggest you and your GF discuss this, and determine an exit strategy.

It may be expensive, but how expensive is prison and a felony conviction?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back