Criminal Trials, Hearings Creditable Witness

Status
Not open for further replies.

msreynolds88

What are some things that make a witness in a federal case not creditable? they have my brother caught up in a drug conspiracy, and they have a recording confession of a female that my brother do not know, stating that she worked for him. They asked her who was on the phone with her when they tapped her phone she said it was my brother. They do not have any pictures, proof, or nothing of my brother dealing, selling or accepting money for drugs. But they have caught her with plenty. I guess this is a situation give us someone and we will help you. What are some things that can make her statement not creditable in court? They even received "tips" to search my deceased mothers home where my brother and son was spending the night at the time, and they still did not find any drugs.

A conspiracy doesn't require one to commit a crime, especially in the federal system.
I suggest you discuss your brother's case ONLY with his attorney.
In the federal system, these conspiracy charges cast wide nets, and it isn't unusual for superseding indictments to issue.
You should never speak with a criminal defendant about his or her case while they're in jail.
They record EVERYTHING in those places, unless you're an attorney.
By trying to help him, you could be hurting yourself.
By its very definition, a conspiracy is mostly planning.
It's a tad more complicated, but trust me, if the Feds have indicted you; they've got the goods.
They rarely lose cases for lack of preparation.
The holes you're seeking, especially about their RATS -and- SNITCHES, aren't there like in the state systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back