credit with possible mistress(I need to be able to give sound advice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

magareb

my cousin recently found out her husband possibly (actually I know it is fact she is just in denial) with a coworker has a few joint credit cards. I am a male so my take is somthing must be going on and must of been for awhile now. If ever she files for divorce can this be used?

also, can they use or ask for a credit report in divorce?

more details later...i just got this info

Well its is probably safe to assume something is going on unless he has had his identity stolen. Adultery does not matter in most states though. She would need to be sure to ask that any debt occured by her or the mistress be paid for by him.

She can run a credit report online by ordering one. If they are married or if they have accounts jointly his info should pull up.

can a credit report with that info be used as a basis for divorce. This obviously is not something she knew about or agreed to. I know the chances of proving anything sexual are nil to none, but can the report be used to establish like an outside relationship or something...I certainly don't claim to know everything which is why i'm asking for some insight. BTW he is lying. dude is stupid..lol

The credit report does not mean adultery. What state are you in? Most states with the exception of a few (like NY) are no fault so you do not need grounds for a divorce to get one.

she is or we all are in NY. what do you mean no fault? how does it work and how long does it take in case someone would try to fight it?

NY you must have grounds for divorce and adultery might be one of them. Nobody can give you any advice over the internet but if your friend wants a divorce, they need to see an attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back