Credit Time Calculator Released, any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beckerben

I recently released an iPhone app called CreditTime for a prosecutor who continually has to determine a person's days served and then determine their "good time" credit which varies from state to state.

This app allows you to enter one or more date ranges and to set a credit factor and then the total days served and the credit time are displayed. I have another extension I plan to add to that calculating incarceration time as well for the next version.

My questions are, 1) would anyone use this if I ported it to the droid? 2) are there other enhancements I could make to it or other calcs or legal app ideas that folks have that they haven't found a good mobile solution for yet?

You can view the iPhone app here with screenshots:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/credittime/id396058823?mt=8&uo=4

Feel free to email me at ben@beckersolutions.com

I recently released an iPhone app called CreditTime for a prosecutor who continually has to determine a person's days served and then determine their "good time" credit which varies from state to state.

This app allows you to enter one or more date ranges and to set a credit factor and then the total days served and the credit time are displayed. I have another extension I plan to add to that calculating incarceration time as well for the next version.

My questions are, 1) would anyone use this if I ported it to the droid? 2) are there other enhancements I could make to it or other calcs or legal app ideas that folks have that they haven't found a good mobile solution for yet?

You can view the iPhone app here with screenshots:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/credittime/id396058823?mt=8&uo=4

Feel free to email me at ben@beckersolutions.com

I'm sure you could market this app to Droid users. Give it the old college try.

As far as what else you could address, how about calculating child support and/or alimony payments, calculating marital assets, determining the value of a disabled person's potential earnings in the case of death or disability; I'm sure there are many more useful legal calculations you could conceive.

You should also get 20-50 lawyers to beta test it for you for half-price, or maybe even for free.

Excellent ideas, I will look into these other calculations, if they are too involved, I can't imagine many people would end up using a mobile app to do it, but things which require a little bit of thought and a few variables which can be entered on the fly are great candidates. Will let you know when I get the droid version released!

Thanks for the posts - I am moving this post since this will be the support area for TheLaw.com's new mobile apps. The Android version is being released... NOW!!! :) Good luck with your mobile apps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back