Consumer Fraud credit reapir refund refused

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfrye

I contacted a business in Florida to purchase their package called Mortgage Elimination. It included the owner doing the paperwork and legal documents that would effect the elimination of my property mortgage in Terrebone Parrish, LA.

There was an email sent with a couple sentences of instruction to send them my warranty deed. A warranty deed was not recorded in our parish and is not used to record property sales. A bill of sale is all was found. Since that could not be used in their mortgage elimination process I had no need for their services so I asked for a refund.

I was assured that my money would be returned but I only received $250 of the $1500 that I sent to the service agency.
I have tried to reason with her about returning my money. It seems they are delaying in hopes that I will give up and they can keep the money.

This is a pathetic way to do business and their attitude that I am bothering them about what she should have done a long time ago. Its been over a year now and all I've got from them is $250.
they now no longer returning my emails.

Is there a legal action I can take in Florida that will create a judgement against her or some other action that will force her to do what she should do? I am not going
to forget about it. I also plan to leave comments on all her videos that she posts on youtube.

I have removed the name of the business.
We don't need that information in order to answer your questions.

Pronouns and other nonspecific descriptors work just as well: he, she, they, them, "the business", "the store", "the merchant", "the retailer", "my lawyer", "his teacher", "my boss", "my employer", "the employee", "Mr. XXXX", "Ms. QQQQ", "bad dude", "mean mug", etc...

Don't name and shame.
It protects YOU and US.
We don't allow accusations to be made against people, or our posters to avenge their wrongs by outing those they believe wronged them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I contacted a business in Florida to purchase their package called Mortgage Elimination. It included the owner doing the paperwork and legal documents that would effect the elimination of my property mortgage in Terrebone Parrish, LA.

There was an email sent with a couple sentences of instruction to send them my warranty deed. A warranty deed was not recorded in our parish and is not used to record property sales. A bill of sale is all was found. Since that could not be used in their mortgage elimination process I had no need for their services so I asked for a refund.

I was assured that my money would be returned but I only received $250 of the $1500 that I sent to the service agency.
I have tried to reason with her about returning my money. It seems they are delaying in hopes that I will give up and they can keep the money.

This is a pathetic way to do business and their attitude that I am bothering them about what she should have done a long time ago. Its been over a year now and all I've got from them is $250.
they now no longer returning my emails.

Is there a legal action I can take in Florida that will create a judgement against her or some other action that will force her to do what she should do? I am not going
to forget about it. I also plan to leave comments on all her videos that she posts on youtube.

I have removed the name of the business.
We don't need that information in order to answer your questions.

Pronouns and other nonspecific descriptors work just as well: he, she, they, them, "the business", "the store", "the merchant", "the retailer", "my lawyer", "his teacher", "my boss", "my employer", "the employee", "Mr. XXXX", "Ms. QQQQ", "bad dude", "mean mug", etc...

Don't name and shame.
It protects YOU and US.
We don't allow accusations to be made against people, or our posters to avenge their wrongs by outing those they believe wronged them.

I suggest you forget this.
You aren't going to get any additional money returned to you.
If you persist in bad mouthing the business, you might get sued.

You could sue the business in Florida.
To do that, you'd have to file a small claims lawsuit in the county where the business owner resides.

To try and get a judgment, that you're likely never to collect on, it;ll cost you more to travel to Florida a couple of times to pursue this.
You're out about thirteen hundred bucks.
Cut your losses, because even IF you prevailed, Florida is a very debtor friendly state.
That means, its all but impossible to collect on a small claims judgment.

As far as ruining her reputation, she doesn't care, she's a SCAMMER.
Heck, for all you know, she may even be a he.
Plus, these days, anyone can set up a profile and pretend to be in one place, while being a continent away.

Just yesterday we learned the IRS had been hacked, and ripped off to the tune of $50,000,000 by some Russian hackers.
Buyer beware, means unless you know and trust the source, doing business over the 'net is very risky!!!!

Explain how it would be bad mouthing a company that has kept money that they agreed to return. I have it in email from the owner.
Putting up a comment following a youtube video of their business as buyer beware is not allowed or somehow can put me in a position to be sued.
For what.? What would I be sued for? Telling the truth. What about reporting it to the Postal Service as mail fraud.?
So you suggest forgetting about it and let a person who wants to keep money that does not belong to them go unnoticed. Hum, makes me wonder
who exactly you are and from what position you are speaking from. Is it from a personal experience that you have had. How are you formulating your
opinion? Based on what?

Explain how it would be bad mouthing a company that has kept money that they agreed to return. I have it in email from the owner.
Putting up a comment following a youtube video of their business as buyer beware is not allowed or somehow can put me in a position to be sued.
For what.? What would I be sued for? Telling the truth. What about reporting it to the Postal Service as mail fraud.?
So you suggest forgetting about it and let a person who wants to keep money that does not belong to them go unnoticed. Hum, makes me wonder
who exactly you are and from what position you are speaking from. Is it from a personal experience that you have had. How are you formulating your
opinion? Based on what?

Let me be clear, just as the credit scammer did nothing when you instructed her or him to do something; I am not obligated to do anything you ask, request, or demand.

If you post your opinion, and the other party becomes vexed about that opinion, he or she can sue you for libel.

That free speech stuff people yap about ONLY applies between you and your government, not between Joe Blow and Moe Schmoe, private parties.

As far as forgetting about it, that's MY opinion, and what I would do.

I'm not your boss, nor am I your slave.
You do whatever you think you're froggy enough to leap over!!!

I am a lawyer, a lawyer licensed to practice law in several states, and before the federal bar.

I comment as a lawyer having made money by defending people who found themselves in the unenviable position of trying to defend a libel and/or defmation lawsuit, and in a couple cases, "tortious interference with business" lawsuits.

Okay, good luck to you.
Remember, do whatever you wanna do, I'm not your boss or your master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back