Credit Pulls by Lenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmant

Ok let me first give you some background. I went through the builders lender for the purchase of my new home(still under construction). I was notifed about a month later that the builder was overtaken by another builder. I received and email from the first lender stating that they would not be able to exicute my loan because of the buy out, and I had the choice to transfer my loan package to the new builders lender or seek out a new lender. A "Transfer Notice & Applicant's Consent to Transfer Acknowledgment" form was attached. This form advised me that if I consented, my loan package would be transfered to the new lender and they (the new lender) would promply contact me to set up a phone interview. I accepted.

About a week later I received a call from the new lender and they asked my if I had any concerns. I expressed my concern with the comparison of "good faith estimates" and that I did not want my credit pulled again. The information was "noted in my file" and I was scheduled to converse with my loan rep the following week.

I received a call from the new lender on the date and time specified and she confirmed that I had noted some concerns. I explained that I wanted to see a good faith estimate to compair with the previous lender and that did not want my credit pulled as they should already have the report which was transfered with my package from the previous lender. I was informed that my credit had already been pulled. I was furious but did not loose my temper. I asked how can you pull my credit if I did not authorize it. The individule was good at aluding the question and never did answer it. I asked her to note in my file that my credit was not to be pulled again without my verbal consent.

Are there any legal ramifications for pulling someones credit without authorization? I have reviewed the document they sent me and it does not state anywhere that I was authorizing such an act?

What are my options?

Well, as a lender of 15 years, if you want a mortgage, they are going to pull your credit again. The transfer request gives them all the authority you gave the first lender to pull your credit and verbal requests don't count. You can do what you want, but it isn't as big of a deal as you are making it. Your credit will survive a second pull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back