Consumer Fraud Credit One Credit card scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

antoinette68

I recently received a Credit One Visa Credit card in the mail and I have no recollection or knowledge of ever applying for this card. I immediately had it returned to sender and now the comapny is harrassing me about a payment for annual fees on a Credit card that I don't have and have never used. Please advise as what what my Legal recourse in dealing with this issue. Thanks.

You can write a letter indicating you returned the card, that you never ordered, and inform them you won't be paying the annual fee.

Or you can pay the annual fee, request cancellation of the card, to avoid those rascals from damaging your credit.

You can pay their lousy $75 or $80 fee, and just not use the card.

Or use it for something small, $20 and pay it off each month.
That's one very tricky outfit.
If you don't play ball their way, they'll ding your credit, and you'll end up spending more time than the lousy $80 rip off.

There's just no justice on this planet these days.

You could "try" asking them to send you a copy of the application you completed for the card.

This likely is already showing on your credit report. If so, dispute the listing through the credit agencies until it is removed. Also write a letter directly to the company explaining the card was issued in error or fraudulently.
In the end, so long as the card was promptly returned and was never activated or used, you won't have to pay any fees. Don't let them ruin your credit or bully you into paying. You don't have to pay a dime unless a court orders it, and that won't likely happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back