Consumer Fraud Credit inquiries

Evensteven1

Can someone run a credit inquiry without your permission after you warned them to do not run a hard inquiry on my credit without first notify me in discussion? well they did not once but 9 times.afetr they promised not to without my ok first

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Depends on who did it, why it was done, and what your financial relationship is with them.

Is this a creditor to which you owe a lot of money and for which you are already in default?

No it was a car dealership that kept calling me since February.i finally talked to him and told him I couldn't get financed bc in cleaning my credit.He asked me my score and what all happened. So on so on.So he said he was gonna talk to his finance manager and call me back,calls me back asks how much down I got.told him n asked my income.told him then he asked about how much my husband made ,told him and said I call ya back,
Calls me back n says he talked to his finance manager and they can do it if my hubby co-signs as my income isn't as much so I said ok. He said send me a app so I can take a look online and did that.called me back and says he wants to see my hubbys app. Ok
I told him at least Half a dozen times till this DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES pull a hard inquire without my ok and a 100 percent guarantee that I can get financing as I'm just now getting the round of hard inquiries dropped from that last time I tried 2 yrs ago so I knew the drill and warned him not to do it bc I was not giving him permission.Saturday goes by I don't hear from him so I call about 5 n he says he's busy will call bf he leaves for the day.ok
Doesn't call, Monday TODAY rolls around and I think I better call n see what's up cause my phones making dings on my credit karma.I call a half dozen times and he is busy I leave VM .nothing so I keep calling and about 4 I finally get him and he's sorry he's so busy and I ask what's the deal.He says well we tried a couple places and no luck.I said WHAT???? You pulled some hard inquiri s without checking with me first after I told you clearly to not pull those ...well I thought we could get it. I went off!!! First he calls me first and continues to email me and then gets me even thinking about it but I told him my conditions and he then ignores me for 2 solid work days.i said I wanna talk to your boss.ok This guy gets on the phone and I explain what went on and he says ma'am you sent a credit app over so it's on you not him.I said nooooo that wasn't the deal or the way the conversation went.i said I'm calling the BBB first then he says hold on I need to talk to my boss.gets back on the phone and offers me a gift card for my trouble.I said ARE YOU KIDDING ME???uh no that guy just cost me 2 yrs of hard inquiries on my credit report when I told him DO NOT PULL A HARD INQUIRE without my ok and a 100 percent guarantee I would be financed.The guys pulled 9 .not a couple but 9...foundd this by pulling a c report and looking for myself.so I said IM just getting started bc imma take that down I intended for the car and it's paying my attorney.then I'm gonna file a complaint with the federal trade commission and file a fraud claim thru the state attorneys office in your county by the consumer protection complaint as I'm a victim of fraud.federal law 168 neglagence! on that car dealership and sue for punitive damages for costing me another 2 yrs on my credit report. When I'm working on getting it cleaned up.then I called the credit bureau and got to get a letter of desolation so I can fil fraud with the credit bureaus.I said my attorney can do that.Im extremely angry bc I'm workin my butt off to clean up a mess from a lay-off that hurt us badly.now this.imma pull the emails he sent and take them to the attorney too.and my phone logs.i didn't anneciate the call to begin with and then I warned him fair n square he didn't have permission from me to pull hard inquiries.and he pulls 9.[emoji2959][emoji2959][emoji2959]people cannot just go around without your permission pulling those without your agreement especially bc I warned him not too bc I tried this a couple yrs ago and learned the hard way as I didn't know how that affected your credit.since then I found out and I am extremely careful about what I do now and how.i have educated myself all about how credit works why and when things get bad.so I knew that is why I warned him to not do that and he gave me his word.I do not deserve this at all as he lied to me now imma sue him and that dealership for the damage that they've caused me again for 2 more years.if I walk out a loser I hope the guy loses his job

Before you get too carried away, go back and read the credit application you submitted. You likely gave permission to do exactly what they did.

Nobody would extend credit before making the inquiry. I don't know how you expect they could assure you would be approved without first looking.

Usually a small group of inquiries like this is insignificant, and expected when someone is shopping around. Extensive inquiries over a long period of time are more damaging.

If you want, file a dispute with the credit agencies and claim you did not give permission and request inquiry be removed. They may not do it, but you can try.

Before you get too carried away, go back and read the credit application you submitted. You likely gave permission to do exactly what they did.

Nobody would extend credit before making the inquiry. I don't know how you expect they could assure you would be approved without first looking.

Usually a small group of inquiries like this is insignificant, and expected when someone is shopping around. Extensive inquiries over a long period of time are more damaging.

If you want, file a dispute with the credit agencies and claim you did not give permission and request inquiry be removed. They may not do it, but you can try.

I talked to the credit company's and they told me I had to get a letter of disposal from the car place then the credit bureaus can file fraud charges on the dealership but I need that in order for them to file it. Quote Experien .the ones who are the hardest to get things removed if al all ever !!!! I also was told he needed to run my credit which I got even tho I did already know my scores as I just a week ago pulled an annual.and having one sent on paper.so I know always where I am if I'm getting further ahead or what with the place helping me fix it.But he knew that I did not give him the right to pull hard inquires form other company's to get a loan as he clearly knew my score and situation.but he did it anyway and then avoided me for 2 solid business days. He thought I was just some stupid uneducated woman that doesn't do any homework.i don't claim to know all the laws but I know quite a lot more then where I started as I've educated myself by really studying all the questions I didn't have a clue about.I did not call him nor did I email him bc I knew the situation and I had about 9 more months and ide be good.I am so tired of people taking advantage of the guy that had a fall down.But I'm not one to stay down or to not get up without a fight either,I was told I should be an attorney bc I don't quit.I may not gain a thing but one thing I will do is not walk away without trying to protect whatever hard work I have put into all this so some ditz can get a commission check while I set another 2 yrs in a bad situation for something we had a very well known understanding too.WHY would the dude keep trying 9 times if after a few they didn't work wouldn't ya quit???? Nope let's just go for it all and screw the lady up as long as possible if I can get a commission on it!!! He's a car salesman not a rocket scientist and they don't make a lot of money.My point is I know what I told him and the same conversation he had with my husband.the emails the call logs.i wasn't begging him for a car bc I knew chances were vale.but I do know some company's have their own credit places too like ford and I believe KIA might be another n Honda ? Not to quote me but I think so I thought maybe that was what he was retrying to accomplish and I was so wrong.But I will do everything to protect myself and I will get all involved into this to let the public know how shady they are just to make a buck.i will find out who owns this dealership and the BBB will know and so will a lot of other things be done before I set still.i may not gain a thing but if it's gonna give me 2 more hard years when I was almost out of this hard inquiry deal come July from the first time not knowing I want all that shop there to know what lengths one will go to just for themself.and a small commission.to me it has nothing now to do with money.It has everything to do with making me a fool and destroying me another 2 yrs.Thats how it goes.what comes around goes around.and I know I ask for bad stuff to come with hosed credit but layoffs can't be helped and sometimes things happen to good people,I'm not one who goes around wreaking havoc on others when in fact I know what it feels like to be kicked when your already down.Im the complete opposite,I will give you the shirt off my back and I will do anything to help up until you screw me over when I've been very upfront n honest.Then I am not a friend anymore but I'm not gonna lie there n let the world screw me over without a comeback either.Its just called being fair and giving what ya give.

That is funny as heck... You state he is a car salesman but not a rocket scientist.... Yet you're the one that FILLED out the credit application. He could only get this INFORMATION from you the Rocket Scientist.

Again, the application you willingly submitted likely allowed the dealer to make the inquiries. That application was your written permission.

Can someone run a credit inquiry without your permission after you warned them to do not run a hard inquiry on my credit without first notify me in discussion?

I can't imagine the circumstances under which I would "warn" anyone about running inquiries about your credit.

If your use of second person pronouns in the first part of this sentence was in error, then the answer to the implicit question about the legality of this depends on the relevant facts and circumstances, none of which you provided (I'm not going to try digging through those massive text blocks in your follow up posts).

That is funny as heck... You state he is a car salesman but not a rocket scientist.... Yet you're the one that FILLED out the credit application. He could only get this INFORMATION from you the Rocket Scientist.

Yrs I did fill out a credit app bc he needed it for his finance guy to look at. I understood that as he would need that to see if it was even a possibility to try and get me financed as stated I said it was ok to look at my report not to call other company's trying to dig up a lender as any good finance guy would be able to see if that was even a possibility. So yea that's what our conversation was about. I agreed to let him look at what was on there and know as to weather or not it was possible. This is what these finance guys jobs are about to know weather or not it's possible. Also was told that by having co-signer it wasn't going to be a problem and assured me that they said it was 100 percent accepted with co-signer and to begin looking for a car. So that being said I was lied too. It does not matter how funny you find this mr veteran guy but when someone tells me something I try believing they are being honest bc I am the kind who believes most people are good in the world until they prove me diffrent . It's very sad that people will straight up lie to you in business among other life things too. And laugh at your problems. I believe if you haven't anything nice to add then it's best to not comment and make them feel worse. Rather be part of the solution then part of the problem. This is what's so completely wrong with the world today. People care only about themselves and what they can benefit. If more people were kind and honest like myself the world would be a better place all together. I try giving those the benefit without doubt but that's I guess what's wrong with me. So laugh away as you please bc a day will come when you find your own self in a situation and are humiliated by the act of others and trusting one that you tried believing were being honest but found later we're not. It does not feel very good. I hope nobody laughs at you. I sure wouldn't. I'm not that arrogant of a person to kick em when they are already down on their luck.
That being said I have already begun process to illuminate others from being put in this situation by my experience in hopes they don't fall victim to such shady business people. Lies and thieves will never win in the end bc life's like that. At some point what comes around goes around I see it everyday. Laugh away funny man. [emoji3577]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, the application you willingly submitted likely allowed the dealer to make the inquiries. That application was your written permission.

I guess you are right mighty moose. Even tho that wasn't what we agreed to but I find people lie all the time to benefit themselves. I try believing in people and their words but I'm constantly being let down by the actions of others words rather then agreements. The world is no longer based on handshakes and promises which is very sad the world is a different place people will scam you lied to you and do whatever they need to to benefit themselves. I guess I'm a little gullible because I believe that there is still good in the world only to find out there's very little of it most people only care about themselvesAnd business isn't done like it used to be on a word and a handshake everything has to be in writing stamped gone through the court system and whatever it's just the way of the world and it's really sad but it is what it is I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back