1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Credit help in dismissing case

Discussion in 'Consumer Fraud & Scams' started by Purge07, Jul 25, 2019.

1. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

Is this a "what if" scenario?

2. Purge07

Purge07 Law Topic Starter New Member

No it is not. I am planning on writing to the district attorney on this matter, so I want to be sure of what I will be writing.

3. Tax Counsel

Tax Counsel Well-Known Member

No one has really explained this in any detail so I will. A claim that a particular piece of evidence is "completely doctored and a false representation" does not get a case dismissed. Decisions about the truth and worth of evidence and what weight to give that evidence are decided by the fact finder (jury, or judge if there is no jury) after seeing and hearing what each side presents about that evidence at trial. What you can do at trial is make your case to the judge or jury that the statements of the creditor are inaccurate and thus cannot be relied upon as part of your case. The judge or jury will then take into account everything presented at trial, decide what evidence to believe and decide how much, if anything, you owe the creditor and give a judgment accordingly.

4. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

Considered what? Considered by whom? What sort of document? What information is missing, and what law requires this information?

Ok...and?

5. Purge07

Purge07 Law Topic Starter New Member

I was informed by my legal aid attorney to write to my district attorney, attorney general and FTC, regarding the issue with the case. That is why I am asking.

6. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

Anyone can draft any document they want. It is when fabricated or forged documents are entered in evidence that it is a problem.

7. PayrollHRGuy

PayrollHRGuy Well-Known Member

----------------------------------

8. mightymoose

mightymoose Moderator

Offering a document as evidence in court when it is known to be false is a big deal. You would first have to wait for it to be offered as evidence before it really has any significance.

9. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

I don't know if a "known false" document is being contemplated, or if it's simply a written copy of what the other side believes the agreement was. If the latter, then just because it's "wrong" doesn't mean it was "known false".

army judge likes this.
  10. zddoodah

zddoodah Well-Known Member

I don't really care why you're asking. If you want an answer, please answer the questions I asked.

11. army judge

army judge Super Moderator

You have better reasons to TRUST what your attorney advised you because you KNOW your attorney.

You have no idea who or what is responding to you here, myself included.

Heck, I could be one of them Russkie or ChiCom "secret agent bots or trolls" trying to steal from you or get you arrested by the FBI.

12. Zigner

Zigner Well-Known Member

THAT would explain the strange looking flower store van that's been parked outside my house for the last week...

army judge likes this.