Credit debt sold after payment arrangements made

Status
Not open for further replies.

PINTA

Hello-I need some advice on how to handle our situation. I have serious medical problems and have had 6 surgeries in the past year and a half. The medical bills and Mri bills etc piled up and we had to pay some in order to continue recieving medical care at certain hospitals and offices. I have had heart problems and also other health issues. This put us behind with our Sears card. Sears then turned into a citi account. We contacted citi bank and made payment arrangements We noticed no auto payment was taken out so we called and were told the account was given to NES collections and citi would not honor the commitment we had made with them. NES wants the full payment of 2900 and said they would settle for 2500 only if we pay in full within the end of Jan.
They claim they will not take partial payment and refused to work out any payments of any sort. They were very, very mean and rude saying if we do not send a post dated check for the full amount they would contact my husbands job. I said I didnt want to send a post dated check as it would bounce and then I would be in even more trouble. I offered to send money within 48 hours just not the full amount. I requested something in writing the guy said he wasnt wasting his time with me. I asked that they not contact my husband at work to please contact me via mail.
Within minutes of hanging up the man contacted my husbands front desk receptionist asking for my husbands boss. Next when the boss was not there he told her it was an emergency. He called twice until he finally got the boss for emergency reasons. The boss was not happy.
He then asked the address and also how long my husband had worked here.
What can we do to take care of this debt.
I am not working due to health and my husband only brings home just enough to pay the house payment and basic bills. I can make payments but not the large amount they want. What can I do so they will not bother my husband and also not take my house payment money from the bank account.? I am so stressed out!
Please help-the stress is not good for my health.
Thank you

Q: What can we do to take care of this debt?

A: Pay it. If you cannot pay it, then you should declare bankruptcy.

can they really not accept payments?

I can pay but not all at once. Is it possible for them to allow me to pay in payments. And is it legal for them to call my husbands boss directly and say it is an emergency?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back