Credit card is taking me to court, do i have to file bankruptcy

Status
Not open for further replies.

macastex

Hi i just receive a file from colletion they are taking me to court for unpaid credit card from HSBC, is almost 3 year but not yet to apply the law, i receive a letter that my only option is file chapter 13 bankrupty, is that the only way, becouse i dont want them to put a lien in to my home.

Thank you

If you file bankruptcy, it will prevent any further action by the credit card company.
But, let me ask you a few questions so I can properly advise you.
How much do they allege you owe them?
How long has it been since you last used the card?
How long has it been since you lat paid them?
What state do you live in today?
What state did you live in when you received that card?

One last thing, a lien on your home has no negative effect on your ability to live in the home, or exhibit your ability to ownthehome.
If you're worried about your credit being ruined, too late for that now.
If you're worried about forestalling legal process, that can be prevented.

Okay, illawaityour replies.

i owe them $2549.37.
Is going to be 3 year in this coming octuber, last time i uesd the card was to make a payment in octuber 24 2009, from that time i have not make any payment, i live in north caroline and i receive the card here north caroline, im not worried about my credit is about my home, becouse in not only on my name, is in my wife too, and i did call them to paid the deb becouse i know im responsable for, but they didnt want to take anything from me on less what they resquesting me was paid in full or minimun of 130.00, i cant afford i only have a part time job i toll them i can afford only 50 a month and they didnt want that.

Thank you for you time

Mikell

Who did you receive a letter from?

Were you served papers ordering you to appear in a specific court on a specific date at a specific time?

If not, then what you likely have is a scare tactic to persuade you to pay in fear of a lawsuit.

Honestly, filing for $2500 may not be the wisest thing to do.

Do you have other debts?

From court that i have a civil action againt me, portofolio recovery associates by sessoms & rogers , i receive the letter 05-12-12 , they give a copy complaint and also a copy of my last stament from HSBC bank,, they are saying that i have 30 days to respond, my concern is that they can put a lien againt my home, but they toll they cant do that becouse the house is under my wife and me, thats true?, what should i do or i respond with this complains, is the wake county court.

thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back