Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Credit card fraud? Please help

Well, you could always come clean to your employer and the customer and pay back the twenty, then hope they don't call the police. Jail time is not likely over $20.00 but if you wait and let them catch you, then you may be dealing with your employer, the customer, the credit card company and the police.

Your best bet is to admit to it now - don't wait until they find out & they very likely will.

If I own up to it and he calls the cops I'm automatically guilty. But if I don't own up to it and he finds out and calls the cops then it'd be bad... I don't know what to do I wish I could go back in time

If I own up to it and he calls the cops I'm automatically guilty. But if I don't own up to it and he finds out and calls the cops then it'd be bad... I don't know what to do I wish I could go back in time

That's how many people feel after they head down the road to Crime City.
The good news for you is that with all the crimes committed in, or near NYC or on Long Island, people who commit these types of offenses rarely end up in prison or jail.

Most of the people that do similar petty crimes, pay a fine, that's it.

What you do now is up to you.

You might get lucky and nothing more comes of it.
I would guess it won't even be noticed.

If you do nothing I hope guilt eats away at you. It may only be $20.00 but that person may have worked very hard for that $20.00. There has to be trust when you hand over your credit card to a vendor. When they find out, this person will feel violated. You have abused their trust. You have also abused the trust of your employer and probably cost them a customer and possibly others that this customer will tell.

Back