Credit Card Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjholmes

I was contacted monday about a debt that I have.They said that if i dont come up with $1000 by friday that they would sue me about the matter. This is only the third time in a month that I have been contacted about this since the matter has been present.I have not received any letters or anything about the matter. I cant get $1000 before Friday for i just started my new job a week ago. I am more than happy to make payments but they told me no. I'm only 21 and I really dont know what to do.

See the thing about it is I didnt open the credit card. They say its a Visa card and the only Visa I have is my debit card that I have only had for a year with my bank. My mother opended it in my name. I dont want her to be prosecuted for fraud charges so I said I would just go ahead and pay it. They told me that payments were paid on the card until Jan of 05 and it was opened in Jul 04. Like I told the man yesterday if I could try to make payments I would and he told me no.

quite honestly, if this is your mother that racked this up, I would be telling her to pay this, like now or you are going to press charges. Have you talked to her about it?

I talked to her about it and she acts like its not even her debt. I know my mother is a worst position that what I am in financially and I just cant do that to her. I know I can make monthly payments if I could but like I said he told me I couldnt. If he does send the papers down here for me to go to court what will happen thenl. Will they say that I have to make payments and then I make them or what. I mean of course if I could get 1000 dollars in two days I would instead of paying the debt and court fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back