Credit Card Debt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jridge

Me and my husband got a credit card when we were getting married and used it to pay for the wedding, well i was paying payments but we kept getting late fees thats when we realized it was the kind you have to pay the complete balance every month (i know our mistake we should have looked into it better) anyway so it got to the point where the payments we were making didnt even cover the late fee so now we owe the $5,000 and they just called and said they were taking us to court. She said that they can sieze our car and sell it. Can they really do this? i had tried to contact them before when it went to collection to work out some kind of a payment and there response was that they would except half immediatley and the rest paid off in two payments and we couldnt afford that. so my question is will the judge allow us to offer a payment plan.

thanks in advanced

some states protect certain property from judgements. south carolina for instance protects certain listed property from judgements, but it may be a small amount--for instance, smaller than your car is worth.

perhaps you should contact some REPUTABLE consumer agencies that can help you with you work out something with your payments to the company before you go to court. BE sure they are reputable and not going to rip you off by taking your money and not paying the credit card--as has happened to some out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back