Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Crazy Ex

Status
Not open for further replies.

suburbandad

For some background, I am married with kids.

Over the past few weeks an ex girlfriend from high school has become expressive of her love for me and longing to be together again. I told her she needed to back off and stop talking to me. No, I did not provoke her or give her any inclination that I was interested in her. She told me she had to get away from me, although she never saw me or communicated in any other way but email. At this time, I considered myself lucky as her actions were suspect at best.

She cropped back up again a few weeks later, sending emails. I rarely responded and when I was very short. This stated this bothered her. She continued to press. Last Sunday, she sent me a text message asking to talk. I responded by telling her that she crossed the line and to never contact me via email, text message or phone call again.

The next day, she emailed me a rather disturbing letter admitting that she was stalking me, would do anything to be with me etc, and mentioned how I had made it very clear that I wasnt interested in her but she didnt care. In response, I sent her an email telling her that I would not hesitate to take legal action against her if she did not stop immediately.

Today, she called my phone. I didnt answer.

I assume my next move would be to go to the police. I dont know her address, but I do know that she works with the Boston PD, further complicating the issue and making me hesitant to move forward for fear that this will somehow get pushed back on me.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do nothing.
It might not even be this person.
It could be an idiot, a killer, or a prankster.
If you have to change your number.
But, do nothing.
Don't respond, don't feed the bear, the bear will go away!

What happens when you try to feed one pigeon or one seagull?

A flock appears and fights over the food.

Don't feed the animals!

You could hire a competent private investigator to try and track and identify this person for you- THEN contact law enforcement with whatever info is dug up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back