Cps was called from our therapist

Madmax420

Jurisdiction
Texas
We went to go see our therapist and she asked how our Easter was well me and my boys 17 and 14 had told her that our four-year-old had went to the neighbor's house without asking and when my husband realized that he called me when I happen to be at the store but I was on my way back and got mad at me cuz we thought our son was missing while I get home and I asked him if he check with the neighbor so he checked with the neighbor or son was there this happened in a time frame of 15 to 20 minutes we told her therapist that and that my four year old got in trouble for that and she called CPS on us now I have CPS carrying a case and wanting to drug test us we told him to get it court ordered and now it's going from that to this how long does it take for CPS to get a court order and is it a pee test hair follicle test how does that work because this is blown way out of proportion and it went from neglect to this he was gone 15 minutes and lied to the neighbor which was an adult and said that he had permission and she had gas there so she let him in to play with her kids without asking my husband so what do we do now they're asking for drug test we told him and get it court ordered how does this work yes I have had CPS called on me before but it was my brother being vindictive when I was taking my grandma that had dementia from him he wasn't taking care of her so I went and got power of attorney and took her into my home he called CPS many of times trying to cause problems that they left not finding anything

We went to go see our therapist and she asked how our Easter was well me and my boys 17 and 14 had told her that our four-year-old had went to the neighbor's house without asking and when my husband realized that he called me when I happen to be at the store but I was on my way back and got mad at me cuz we thought our son was missing while I get home and I asked him if he check with the neighbor so he checked with the neighbor or son was there this happened in a time frame of 15 to 20 minutes we told her therapist that and that my four year old got in trouble for that and she called CPS on us now I have CPS carrying a case and wanting to drug test us we told him to get it court ordered and now it's going from that to this how long does it take for CPS to get a court order and is it a pee test hair follicle test how does that work because this is blown way out of proportion and it went from neglect to this he was gone 15 minutes and lied to the neighbor which was an adult and said that he had permission and she had gas there so she let him in to play with her kids without asking my husband so what do we do now they're asking for drug test we told him and get it court ordered how does this work yes I have had CPS called on me before but it was my brother being vindictive when I was taking my grandma that had dementia from him he wasn't taking care of her so I went and got power of attorney and took her into my home he called CPS many of times trying to cause problems that they left not finding anything
Also our therapist had fabricated everything that we told her she also said my husband had prior drug use because he had gotten busted a long time ago in 2006 for a gram of cocaine so now she's keeping the case open and said she's going to get a court order for drug testing she fabricated everything and she lied saying that my son had a gash on his head that my husband got mad and put his hands on him when she came to check him there was nothing there so what do we do from here she said we're going to have to take some classes or do some Services complete some services my kids are okay where okay she's stirring up a can of worms trying to get everything court-ordered now it's crazy what do we do

If all your being asked to do is take some classes and children were not taken from home I would just let this play out and do as told. After 30 days or so its over.

No one needs to study to pass a drug test.
All anyone has to do in order to pass any drug test is have obeyed all laws in Texas regarding drug abuse.

You haven't been abusing drugs, so you'll pass that old drug test very easily and CPS will have to disappear quickly.

They can ask you to take a drug test all day long but can't require it without a court order. They might not have enough to obtain that court order, so the order may never come. Until it comes simply continue living your life and doing as you please... so long as it's legal.

If your husband was busted in 2006 for cocaine then it isn't a fabrication to say he has prior drug use. 2006 was not really that long ago either.

Therapists are required by law to report certain things for investigation when they suspect there may be abuse or neglect. They don't have to be correct, just suspect.

Unless you are leaving out very significant details, it is hard to imagine how this scenario wasn't quickly wrapped up and forgotten about.

I'm not so sure of that. OP proudly puts the number 420 in his user ID.

That's a popular euphemism for marijuana use in today's drug culture.

OP might simply like the number "420", perhaps its his lucky number?

Who knows?

I sure don't.

I was merely trying to be encouraging, new leaf and all, doncha know. :)

They can ask you to take a drug test all day long but can't require it without a court order. They might not have enough to obtain that court order, so the order may never come. Until it comes simply continue living your life and doing as you please... so long as it's legal.

If your husband was busted in 2006 for cocaine then it isn't a fabrication to say he has prior drug use. 2006 was not really that long ago either.

Therapists are required by law to report certain things for investigation when they suspect there may be abuse or neglect. They don't have to be correct, just suspect.

Unless you are leaving out very significant details, it is hard to imagine how this scenario wasn't quickly wrapped up and forgotten about.
we talked with the lawyer already that specialize in these cases he advises to take the test we took the test we both passed it we hired the lawyer now to pursue with suing the therapist because of the stuff that she did say that was a lie so thank you for your information

we talked with the lawyer already that specialize in these cases he advises to take the test we took the test we both passed it we hired the lawyer now to pursue with suing the therapist because of the stuff that she did say that was a lie so thank you for your information

I too would encourage you to take the test and be done with it... was just making clear you have a choice in the matter.
As for suing the therapist I doubt that will go far. They don't have to be correct in their statements, only have reason to suspect something is wrong, and the law often requires them to report what they suspect so it can be investigated. They could actually have bigger problems if they don't report.

I too would encourage you to take the test and be done with it... was just making clear you have a choice in the matter.
As for suing the therapist I doubt that will go far. They don't have to be correct in their statements, only have reason to suspect something is wrong, and the law often requires them to report what they suspect so it can be investigated. They could actually have bigger problems if they don't report.
We did after we had talked with our lawyer. I was just making sure that was the right thing I mean it was a total surprise that's y I freaked out and was feeling they were trying to start trouble. This hasn't happened ever to us together so it was stressful. Thank you so much for ur advice

Lol that happens to be my husband's and my birthday April 20th

Two people having the same birthday is 1/365.

The probability that both people have this birthday, we have to multiply their separate probabilities. (365/365) * (1/365) = 1/365, or about 0.27%.

The chance of the first and second person sharing a birthday is still 1/365.

You and hubby having the same birthday is about 1/4 of one percent.

Have a good life, your birthday coincidence and then marrying must be about 1 in 10,000.

Lol that happens to be my husband's and my birthday April 20th
If you have a lawyer who you are paying to defend you, I don't see why you're still posting on here. You don't have to explain to anyone your username or if you do drugs or not. Good luck with your case.

Two people having the same birthday is 1/365.

The probability that both people have this birthday, we have to multiply their separate probabilities. (365/365) * (1/365) = 1/365, or about 0.27%.

The chance of the first and second person sharing a birthday is still 1/365.

You and hubby having the same birthday is about 1/4 of one percent.

Have a good life, your birthday coincidence and then marrying must be about 1 in 10,000.

My sister & her husband have the same birthdate (five years apart, but the same month and day). So when they got married, they married on their shared birthday, thus ensuring that neither of them would ever be able to accidentally forget their anniversary!

Back