1. Free Legal Help, Legal Forms and Lawyers. TheLaw.com has been providing free legal assistance online since 1995. Our most popular destinations for legal help are below. It only takes a minute to join our legal community!

Dismiss Notice

Covid? Student accomadation

Discussion in 'Commercial Landlord & Tenant Issues' started by Mandy 1970, Sep 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mandy 1970

Mandy 1970 Law Topic Starter New Member

Jurisdiction:
    United Kingdom
    I need some advise please. My twins are due to start uni five hours away from home amd due to Covid have been given option to study online for the whole of the academic year. This would save them paying £750 a month each for a room! I am
    Guarantor for them but the company have said we can not get out of the contract and are liable for the rent regardless unles we find tenants to take over. We have tried this to no avail . I am very concerned about the rise in Covid and am not happy about them going there to share accomadation kitchen with none others especially with the new rule of only 6? My question is if I walk away will they take me to court or will my twins also be black listed too?? We have all
    Signed contract but there is nothing in contract about Covid

2. justblue

justblue Well-Known Member

This is a US Law only site...there are UK sites you can google.