Personal Bankruptcy Courtroom Rules/Guidelines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccking

I'm needing some direction in how to obtain courtroom trial proceedures relating to due process, involving a misdemeanor criminal case. Where can a person go to do some research pertaining to a courtroom trial. Are there courtroom rules and if so where can a person find them. If someone violates these rules, who do you report them to. I've asked a couple of different attorney's but noone really has time to talk about something that seems to be common knowledge. I am trying to find where to look up the common knowledge regarding this.
Can a State's witness say one account of a crime in one court trial, causing a guilty verdict by a magistrate judge. Upon appealling, this same witness for the State later says a totally different account of that same crime in a different courtroom trial. Again, this testimony is strong enough that finds a person guilty for a second time. The prosecuting attorney, county attorney, objectes to any form of questioning regarding the State's witness' sworn inconsistant testimony. Can a county attorney get away with allowing one of his witnesses to testify totally differently in a new trial after the first guilty virdict is appealled. Who is responsible for courtroom records, that is if there are any records. There were no records concerning this trial and noone in the courthouse is willing to talk. Who decides what is recorded or what is not recorded in a court of law. Where do you go to find these records. If there are no records, can a person appeal on these grounds. Thanks to anyone who has an idea on where to find the answer.

I would think that one could appeal a case and use the record as proof. A prosecutor cannot bring forth a witness that he knows will lie. If the prosecutor knows that the witness is lying, e.g. a completely different account the second time, he could face sanctions and an appeal could be successful. However, I believe that a due process challenge could be made at any time. Specific rules of each court are usually available with the court clerk. With regard to procedure in general, not specific courts, it can usually be found in state statutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back