Court Order Life Insurance Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunnyInDaytona

We were married for 24 years, I was retired after 19 years of service with the state of florida due to congential cardiac defect. * It has been 10 years last April and he still has not "Obtained nor Maintained a Life Insurance Policy" due to my inability to work. He currently pays $258 alimony, however I am dependent upon this and if anything happens to him, I'll loose everything. * What can I do to ensure the court order ? Thank You In Advance, SUNNY

You can file contempt but why are you unable to work? Are you applying or getting for disability? A congenital heart defect does not mean you cannot even work a part time non strenuous job.

Is he required to get a policy on him and leave you as beneficiary? Depending on his age and health it may be tough for him to find any one to insure him. Was there a dollar amount mentioned?

I'm 53. I've had 11 invasive cardiac surgeries, 7 pacemakers ( 2 in my chest now ) a mitral valve prolapse, an abberant ( sp ) circulation system on the left side, sick sinus node / sinus node dysfunction, bradycardia, tachacardia.....blah blah blah.

I am severely allergic to 5 CLASSES of antibiotics. My heart is so delicate now I cannot even carry an epipen.

Three main nerves were severed in my chess during surgery in 1988.

I loved my job and was the best there was in the state.

My team of surgeons determined I was not capable of working after about the 15th congestive heart failure. I fought them like a tiger, however, ultimately I realized it was best for the organization and I was only being selfish....I WAS 43.

Regardless, I court order is a court order we agreeded upon.

I hope your health is better than mine.

Wow, you have been through alot.

Back to my question, was he ordered to carry life insurance on himself and put you as the beneficiary?

The appt with my attrny Thursday resulted in his recommending filing for a 'contempt of court" and a "court date". Oh and for him to pay my legal fees and to make me the owner of the policy so that I am assured it's current. * Dummy me, I called an told my former husband what was to transpire as he's not made any effort over these years and as I mentioned 2 weeks ago I would be meeting with my attny and mentioned we could settle this if he were to provide me proof by Tues/appt 2 weeks from that Thurs. * I did not want him to get locked up because of his anger over the 2 deputies my attrny was sending and he was pissed.............if he would have complied with the court order years ago and kept me abreast this would not have happened.
HE's MAD AT HIMSELF and his WIFE is PROBABLY EVEN MORE PISSED.

I'm not out to make trouble, simply firmly believe an agreement is an agreement and a COURT ORDER is a COURT ORDER...................since he has no assests it's going to be his wife and or father in law paying the price because he'd never kept a job for longer than a few months.

He's all about being out and about golfing, traveling, running for local office....anything to appease himself..................

Oh well,

I'm going to let my attrny handle it. Y Do I feel so guilty?

Ya'll be well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back