Court or fine ... 18 yrs old and missed a couple of enrollment

T

Tender touch

Jurisdiction
West Virginia
Okay well I'm obviously 18 but I am questioning myself because I'm 18 on my own, I moved out of my moms this past December when I turned 18 and I now live with my partner I go to the same school and s but tend to miss here and there. I have no medical insurance to see a doctor for excuses
I'm just curious if the school can fine myself or my parents if I don't go to school here and there.

Okay well I'm obviously 18 but I am questioning myself because I'm 18 on my own, I moved out of my moms this past December when I turned 18 and I now live with my partner I go to the same school and s but tend to miss here and there. I have no medical insurance to see a doctor for excuses
I'm just curious if the school can fine myself or my parents if I don't go to school here and there.

You are an adult.
If you miss school, or dislike school, why not consider getting your GED?
There is no shame in a GED.
Many people simply don't do well in public schools.
However, most of those people do well with a GED, and many more go on to community colleges and trade schools.
The thing to understand that education and training isn't a one size proposition.

To avoid any confusion for your parents, simply assume full responsibility for yoruself at your school, by signing for yourself.
Ask your school registrar or administrator HOW.

Also look into GED programs, if school rules just don't sit well with you.

A tip from one adult to another adult, make your life easy.
Find a path that works for you, and tread that path.

There are millions of paths to to trod, mate, find yours.

One last comment, adult to adult.
I've been an adult for decades, mate, even when adulthood had to be achieved at age 21.

Adulthood sucks.

I enjoyed my childhood much more, and am not reluctant to admit it.
I've done well as an adult, had a very happy life, but those years when I was kid will always be the ones I remember more fondly.

The school's policies have zip to do with you being under or over 18. If you are enrolled in school, you must follow and are subject to their policies and rules. Period. If those rules limit the number of absences you may have in a year, or require you to have a doctor's note for your absences, they apply to you as well. If school policy is to call Mommy and Daddy when there is an issue, they can do so whether you have traveled around the sun 18 times or not.

You would not be the first to turn 18 before graduation and think that the rules suddenly no longer apply. And yes, in your state, that can mean jail time for you. This was also true before you turned 18. Your state has among the strictest truancy laws in the country. And, they use it. Do yourself a favor and get your tush to school.

If lack of health care is your issue, you have much better odds of getting care without insurance in school than sitting home on the couch watching game shows and soaps. School-Based Health Centers

Back