Other Criminal Charges & Offenses Court dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

RPnerd19

hello anyone, I was wondering if my court date was change because on ticket I recently received, it says the court date "should" be change to another day of another month? or do I have to give consent for the day to change?

I'm not quite sure what you are saying. Does the ticket have a court date but notes court should be changed to another day? You can call the court clerk & see if the date was changed, might be changed, needs to be changed or just what is going on.

It might be necessary for them to change the original date due to scheduling.

You need to appear in court in the date and time indicated on the citation. It is possible that the date will change prior to that, and if it does you will receive a notice. If you do not receive anything from the court notifying you the date has been changed then it has not been changed.

Betty and mighty Moose, what I am basically saying is there was no clarification on the court date being change. What my notice says to me from court itself is "it should be change to another day in another month" but I am not one who wanted the court date to be change, the court prefers it should be change to another date. Should I appear at the court house at the time of my original court date?

You need to show up on the date and time indicated on your citation unless you are given a new date and time.
If you want to confirm the date and time you should be able to contact the court and they can tell you which day you are scheduled for.
Yes- the court can change the date and time whether you like it or not, but they must give you notice of the change.

Agree, you need to show up at the date & time indicated unless you receive official notice that it has been changed.

The court clerk can answer any procedure questions you might have - they just can't give you legal advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back