Harassment, Stalking, Misconduct Could Someone Plz Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem

Hi to All...
To begin with I dont very much about the Law and never really needed to know nothing except what I could get by with but with the situation I've been dealing with for a year now I need some advice and I hope im in the right forum:rolleyes: lol.
I have this neighbor that lives a mile or more from me and from June of 2005 she has constantly...drives by flipping us the bird (which does not bother me until she does it to my small children:mad: ), she sits above my house all hours of the night, she sits above my house reeving her engine, she has pulled out spinning gravels on my home (there was no damage to my home, but again I have small children and their safety is a BIG concern here), she has tried to run Me off the road, she has followed my husband through stores and then follows him home with her lights on bright, she has gotten behind us out in town and bright light us, she has stopped above my home and verbally attacked me in front of my children, and my mailbox got vandalized...we did not see her do that but my husband saw them leaving from the mailbox as he was getting home from work....Also I use to walk up the road to get some exercise and I had to pass her property...I did not mess (I have never BOTHERED HER) with her or her property I got over on the opposite site and dident even look her way...there were gun shots fired in my directions and some of her friends have driven by my home shooting their guns also. I have called the police dozens of times until finally they quit coming on any of the calls. When they did finally show up they would always tell me "There was nothing they could do". They said that everyone involved in the situation were "acting like babies". Correct Me if Im wrong...but isnt it their job to "Serve & Protect"????? I feel like My rights have been neglected in this whole ordeal and I have suffered alot of emotional stress and even suffered a misscarriage through all of this. :( . I have filed stalking charges against this woman but I do not have any proof on video tape or pictures. I was told that I was not allowed to use any kind of video equipment...so what do I do to get proof??? I dont really know what to do or what to expect....I just want this woman to LEAVE Me & My Family alone! What, if anything, can I do to keep this woman away from us???? Also..I am not the only person she is doing this to. The other Family is having it alot worse! Any advice would be GREATLY Appreciated!!!!!
Thank You all in advance:)

Maybe together, you and the other family can go to the police, but ask to speak to the next in command if the police officers coming say they can't help you. Everyone has a supervisor and keep going up the chain of command until someone listens. What state are you in? What started all of this? Something had to happen that began the harrassment. Who told you you could not use any kind of video equipment, and what was the reason stated? That is why the state you are in is important to know, because each has different laws. You may not be able to video tape others, but you may be allowed to video tape your own property, like a security system. How long have you lived in the neighborhood and how long has this neighbor lived in the neighborhood and the others who help her? Are you of a different race, culture, or religion than they are? If she is endangering the children as you say, you may be able to file a complaint with child protective services but I don't know if they handle this kind of complaint. They may have a help line that someone can help you with those answers. Last but not least, if you are being shot at, you should consider moving far away from these people as you may make things worse by pursuing it. Maybe that is their intention is to get you and the other family to move.

Hi Calilily..hope your having a wonderful day.
I live in Virginia. . I really dont know what started this situation. I wish I knew, because if I've done someting to upset her, which I dont see how I could have, I've never talked to the woman, I would GLADLY APOLOGISE. I dont know the lady other than what she's been doing to us. I dident even know her name until she served Tresspassing Notices to My husband and I..and we've NEVER been on her property. I've lived here for 11 1/2 years now and my husband 17 1/2 years...the lady harrassing us has lived here for about 4 years now. We've NEVER had the first problem until this lady moved into the neighborhood. I dont have nothing against her except the nasty things she's been doing to us. The other neighbors and my husband and I have all talked to the Supervisor over the Deputies and we have talked to the Sheriff himself. All with the same reply, "there's nothing we can do". We've asked for a private Investigator and we've asked that it be patroled at night. The Sheriff said that the Department was tired of getting calls from this section of the county and were fed up with the situation and refused to send an officer to patrol the area 1 or 2 nights a week. We've talked to the Common Wealth's Attorney and he hasent given us much better hope on settleing this matter. The County Deputies told us that we could not use video recorders to collect evidence. I dont know the law on video camara's and like I said dident really need to know until now. All families involved are all white, and as far as I know, all of us are of the Christain faith. As far as moving, My husband and I have been discussing this and will probably sell out and move away from this mess. I cant do nothing until I sell my place because I dont have the extra money to move. We bought this land 3 years ago and put all of our savings into it to settle down and call this place home. It belonged to my brother in law before we bought it. Which he let us stay here in exchange that we keep up the land and take care of it. But in the meantime I dont have much choice but to try and find something that I can do to keep her at bay until this thing gets into court. Thanx for your reply :)

possible help

Hi Salem!
Thanks so much for your support. It seems thesedays I can use all of it I can get. I was doing some research on the internet this morning and came across what is called a harassment restraining order. This seems to fit what we both need. You should check into it and see what needs to be done to obtain one where you are and how it is enforced in the state of virginia. I am already in the process of checking it out for ohio. I hope this will help you and again thanks for your support . I will keep you and your family in my prayers and in my thoughts.
TLC

Hi TLC:)
Thank You so very much! Not just for the info you shared but mostly for your prayers:) I will most definately check into that. I wish You & Your family the Best of Luck and I hope things get better for you. Have a Wonderful Day and THANX again!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back