Medical Malpractice Could I have a Case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilnellymomma08

Late August I went to the hospital(1) because I had a sharp pain in my right side. At, the hospital after test were done I was told I had an kidney infection and admitted to the hospital(1). The next day the doctors inserted an nephrostomy tube to drain what I was told an abcess, after the tube was inserted only blood was draining out the doctors said in the beginning that pus should have be draining, they then came bake and said "maybe" it was just a pocket of blood on my kidney. Everyday in the hospital mostly allday I would have a fever. After a week I was discharged still having fevers. Once I got home the fevers was still happeninng everyday, I would call the doctors and said it was normal the infection was really bad. I was home for 2 weeks and sick of the fevers I went to another hospital(2) for a second opinion, after they ran test they told me it was a good thing I came in because I have a huge abcess on my kidney and they wondered where was the blood coming from. At hospital(2) they removed the first nephrostomy tube and inserted a new one which drained pus.

I still have the nephrostomy tube in today and it continue to drain pus, I know longer have fevers. I feel hospital(2) resolved the issue. My question is can I sue hosital(1) I don't believe they did there best and because of that I was suffering and could have died if the infection would have spread, I'm still unsure of where the blood came from?

Late August I went to the hospital(1) because I had a sharp pain in my right side. At, the hospital after test were done I was told I had an kidney infection and admitted to the hospital(1). The next day the doctors inserted an nephrostomy tube to drain what I was told an abcess, after the tube was inserted only blood was draining out the doctors said in the beginning that pus should have be draining, they then came bake and said "maybe" it was just a pocket of blood on my kidney. Everyday in the hospital mostly allday I would have a fever. After a week I was discharged still having fevers. Once I got home the fevers was still happeninng everyday, I would call the doctors and said it was normal the infection was really bad. I was home for 2 weeks and sick of the fevers I went to another hospital(2) for a second opinion, after they ran test they told me it was a good thing I came in because I have a huge abcess on my kidney and they wondered where was the blood coming from. At hospital(2) they removed the first nephrostomy tube and inserted a new one which drained pus.

I still have the nephrostomy tube in today and it continue to drain pus, I know longer have fevers. I feel hospital(2) resolved the issue. My question is can I sue hosital(1) I don't believe they did there best and because of that I was suffering and could have died if the infection would have spread, I'm still unsure of where the blood came from?

First of all, I hope you're feeling better.
Get well, soon!

Of course, you can sue the hospital, the parking attendant, even the patient in the next room.
In this country, all you need to sue is the filing fee.

The question you need to ask is double sided.
If you were admitted to the hospital under a health plan, you need to check the fine print of your policy.
If you do, you'll see that you've agreed to not sue them for any malpractice related issues.
You've agreed to go though mediation, before you can do anything else.
Sometimes, you can't do anything else.
You must settle in mediation or arbitration using mediators or arbitrators from a list they supply.
Get the picture?

If you paid for the hospital stay out of your pocket, you can take them directly to court.
You then have to prove your case.

So, let's review.
Yes, you can sue the hospital, if you paid for your medical care out of your pocket.
If your medical expenses were paid for by an insurance plan or medicaid; you better read the fine print.
Before you can sue, you must mediate or arbitrate.

Either way, consult an attorney.
It sounds as if you have a good case.
Your only problem is where you go to seek relief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back