Cost Sharing Retaining Wall Straddling Property Line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the wall a foot or so inside your property line and bear the costs yourself. Then you can do as you wish. It is you who desires the wall.

Your neighbor's concerns will not be quieted. They are somewhat valid. Such agreements concern themselves more with maintenance than sales, nevertheless, such arrangements can turn sour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks...but they also desire the wall. And, of course, they would prefer that I pay the entire cost since they would then get the benefits of the wall between our property lines without paying anything. I would take your advice and move on if money was no issue. However, we are trying to not pay the entire cost and I am looking at how to best mitigate future problems related to shared permanent property.

Your neighbor, obviously does not share your concern, lest they would share the cost.

We put a fence around our estate, not too long ago.

It is our property, and we wanted to select our fencing.

Our neighbor wanted to share the cost with us, but we declined.

We put the fence of our choosing a foot inside our property line, and he derives a benefit.

But, we derive a greater benefit.

We put in an eight foot privacy fence, for which we secured a code variance.

It cost us more, but we controlled the process.

You pay now, or pay later.

Life is replete with choices.

By the way, who doesn't know that Guam is a US Territory?

We're lawyers, and most of us are knowledgeable in many things, including geography.

The property isn't jointly owned, yet.
Your neighbor doesn't want to join in your reindeer games.

The property isn't jointly owned, yet.
Your neighbor doesn't want to join in your reindeer games.

Reindeer Games? Why do you even bother replying to people on here? Do you get off on being rude to people on a legal advice forum? Are you even a lawyer as you claim..Army JAG? Thanks for ruining my original post and preventing someone with intelligence to reply with a reasonable answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back